Reinstall WordPress

Is it safe to reinstall WordPress and not lose any of the pages, posts, etc i.e preserve the database? I want clean my home directory, reinstall WordPress and just point my new WP to existing DB so that the site contents are restored. Is there anything stored outside the WP DB that I stand to lose?

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi Shireen, hope you had a wonderful day.

In vanilla WordPress installation, there is nothing to loose, but I can’t 100% make sure this because I don’t know which plugins you are using and if they are storing any data anywhere outside the database.

Best approach will be taking a full backup of your site and downloading that backup on your computer. Then trying to reinstall. So even if anything goes wrong, you can always revert back to current state without any problem.

What do you think?

Have a nice day. Cheers!

Rupok

• Shireen
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Rupok

Can you access my website http://mindsharehr.com/ WP admin portal (support access granted) and see what is going on? I am trying to work with a new Upfront theme and its very messy. Seems like some remains from the previous theme which I can’t figure how to get rid off.

If you look at some of the site pages under Training menu for instance, the theme elements do not match with the changes done on the home page!

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Shireen,

I checked your pages and if you are referring to header region on those pages that it is not the same like on the home page, then it is correct for Fixer theme.

In Fixer theme home page uses separate header region than pages (because it uses different menu on home page by default) – you will need to edit header region on one of the pages so the changes will be applied globally.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Please also note that our system prevents threads from bumping and posting few times in the row will put thread lower in our queues. Sometimes it might cause delays in our answers.

kind regards,

Kasia

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Shireen,

Is there a way for the pages to use the same header as the home page?

Yes, that is possible but it will require to change that header region on each page separately. First you will edit region on home page and make it global.

Then on each page remove existing region and add one from home page.

Better solution is to edit one page and on header region that is already there (it is already global region) add the same elements like on home page. This way you will need only do change on one page, because it's already global region changes will apply everywhere where region is used.

For some reason, I can't even get Upfront to work right now. The upfront option seems to be grayed out! Please login and confirm.

I can't confirm. Upfront loaded and it is working fine

Which button of Upfront is grayed out? One in admin bar? What browser are you checking?

kind regards,

Kasia

• Shireen
    • The Incredible Code Injector

I was using Chrome and didn’t work. Worked in the incognito mode so I presume it has something to do with cache. Upfront is so fragile, it has been a horrible experience using it!

Now even though Upfront works, the + option to add items to a home page menu item is not visible. Can you check and confirm?

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Shireen,

Now even though Upfront works, the + option to add items to a home page menu item is not visible. Can you check and confirm?

I'm checking in chrome and I am not able to replicate this issue. Please see screenshots:

using plus sign and "Add item" from menu element settings I was able to add new element.

Can you please send us screenshot of what you see on your site?

kind regards,

Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.