Related Products no longer working

Since we last updated our MarketPress plug-in last week, Related Products are not showing up properly on our Single Product posts, can you help us?

They're all set in the Store Settings > Presentation to show max 30 by "Tag Only", but they now show the same result on every product, looks like the 30 most recent products, not Products related by Tags.

- turned off all other plug-ins to try that, odd behavior persists.
-tried displaying as a list,
-hid Related Products then brought them back,
-checked Product Posts, and Post Tags, all Tags we made and included are there like before.
...odd behavior persists.

please help, thanks!

  • Kasia Swiderska

    Hello Camilo,

    I can see the issue on your site, however I'm not able to replicate issue on my site with latest MarketPress and WP 4.7.1.

    Can you test if switching to default WordPress theme like twenty seventeen will change how related products are showing?

    If this will not help please enable debug log in your WordPress. To enable it, open your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:

    define('WP_DEBUG', true);

    In order to enable the error logging to a file on the server you need to add yet one more similar line:

    define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

    In this case the errors will be saved to a debug.log log file inside the /wp-content/directory.

    Depending on whether you want your errors to be only logged or also displayed on the screen you should also have this line there, immediately after the line mentioned above:

    define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

    The wp-config.php is located in your WordPress root directory. It’s the same file where the database configuration settings are. You will have to access it by FTP or SFTP in order to edit it. I would need then to see contents of the debug.log file - so please upload it to Dropbox like a service and paste link here

    kind regards,

  • Camilo

    Thanks for the reply.

    We figured out the issue!

    The problem is in our Descriptions, specifically the dimensions of each product.

    I realized the dimensions have been copy-pasted from somewhere else and the fractions and inche tic marks are not standard html, special characters instead, causing a conflict with the Related Products list. So I've been going through Posts and re-writing how the dimensions display, cleaning up the fractions and quotes, and voila! the Related products works on these posts.

    It's time to go through all of the posts and fix ourselves.

    Thanks for the prompt reply, anyway!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.