Related Topics that show on the right-hand side of current questions

Is it by design that the related topics are 1- to 4-years old?

I've clicked several, thinking they are current questions that people need help with, only to find that they are a year, or more than a year, old.

I'm not criticizing. I'd just like to know if it is always the case, so I stop clicking them to offer assistance.

Thanks,

Faydra...

• PC

Hey there Faydra,

Greetings and thanks for posting on the forums.

Is it by design that the related topics are 1- to 4-years old?

No, its by relevance and the keywords used in your post. The search system tries to find the most identical issue and lists the thread there. Is the search not working for you and producing irrelevant results ? Kindly let me know if it does.

I've clicked several, thinking they are current questions that people need help with, only to find that they are a year, or more than a year, old.

Even we refer to them as a staff whenever we are dealing with issues and answering our members queries. If you are not getting a proper resolution after looking at an old thread, you are free to create a new issue and we will help you get your issues sorted out :slight_smile:

I'm not criticizing. I'd just like to know if it is always the case, so I stop clicking them to offer assistance.

We really appreciate when our members bring up anything like this. We need to make the system more useful for our members and feedbacks and discussions like this are always welcome !

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

• faydra_deon

Thanks, @mindswithoutfear:

I'm not actually doing any type of searches.

The reason I was clicking those links is because I'd be in a current question, trying to see if I could lend a helping hand, and then I'd see the "Related Topics" links over to the side and click those, thinking they were current questions people were asking for help with.

It is the heading "Related Topics" that was throwing me off. If the label was "Past Questions" or "Previous Questions" or "Archive Questions," then it would have occurred to me that they were questions that had been asked and answered already that a questioner could refer to when trying to get his/her own question answered.

Even if the label remained "Related Topics," but in front of the question there was something like "[Solved]" or "[Closed]" or something like that, it would have been clearer to me.

Maybe I'm the only person who was confused. Haha.

Thanks for taking the time to reply. Now I know how to use that section.

Faydra...

• PC

Hey there,

Thanks for posting back.

Those are some good points however the reason they have been named as related topics, is that they are more closely related with the issue reported in the current thread you are viewing and might have the solution to the current question in any of them. Of may be a good reference.

PS : I really appreciate your helpful gesture on the forums :slight_smile:

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.