Remember me – tick box – never remembers user.

I was wondering if there’s an underlying cause, for the ‘remember me’ button, to never remember a user.

This is across all of my WordPress sites.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello 1337user,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

There may be various reasons for this. It might be a theme or some plugin that's interfering with cookies or some specific server setting. It's difficult to diagnose this "blindly" so I'd like to take a closer look and test it on the site.

Would you please enable support access to it for me? To do this, please go to the "WPMU DEV -> Support" page in your site's back-end and click on "Grant support access" button, then let me know here.

Best regards,

Adam

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi 1337user,

I have created a new user on your site to test this out and I’m afraid that I can’t replicate the issue you are having.

What I did is that I logged in with my new account with “Remember me” checked, then I closed the browser completely, reopened it and navigated to WP admin which opened each time without the need to log-in again.

I performed this test in Chrome, Safari, Opera and Firefox and they all worked fine.

So it’s most likely something configured in your browser that’s clearing cookies and cache so you need to log-in again.

Can you tell me which browser and OS you are using, does it happen in any browser you try and am I perhaps missing any steps in my test?

Best regards,

Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.