Reminder emails going out AFTER appointment is completed, nothing in log.

We blocked out some party dates on August 14th 2016. You can tell which ones as they are called Staff Party. (They didn't realize I could block the day!). After the party, on the August 21st, reminder emails were sent to the customer email (one of ours) for each "party". There is no record in the log so it's incredibly strange. We have no way of checking to see if this is happening with customers or not. Can someone check to see what caused this?

• Rupok

Hi Suzy, sorry for the inconvenience you are having.

There is no record in the log so it's incredibly strange

Which log do you mean? Error log or Server log or Email log?

This is really weird. Can you please check your server email log for details? Can you please ask your host if you are not sure where to get server email log? As you said, reminder emails were sent on August 21st, so log data of that day will be very helpful.

Can you please provide that data? I'm looking forward to hear from you and resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Suzy

The only logs I have access to are the Appointments+ logs.

I've talked with two people at Godaddy, both said no outages were reported between that time. They suggested it was related to the application since other emails were received by that email on that day.

[August 12, 2016 12:08 pm] Reminder message sent to info@*****.com for appointment ID:1000
    [August 12, 2016 12:19 pm] Reminder message sent to info@*****.com for appointment ID:1001
    [August 12, 2016 12:19 pm] Reminder message sent to info@*****.com for appointment ID:1006
    [August 12, 2016 1:33 pm] Reminder message sent to info@*****.com for appointment ID:1002
    [August 12, 2016 1:33 pm] Reminder message sent to info@*****.com for appointment ID:1007
    [August 12, 2016 1:53 pm] Reminder message sent to info@*****.com for appointment ID:1003
    [August 12, 2016 2:46 pm] Reminder message sent to info@*****.com for appointment ID:1004
    [August 12, 2016 2:46 pm] Reminder message sent to info@*****.com for appointment ID:1008
    [August 12, 2016 3:00 pm] Reminder message sent to info@*****.com for appointment ID:1005

[August 15, 2016 11:08 am] Follow up email sent to info@*****.com for appointment ID 1000
    [August 15, 2016 11:18 am] Follow up email sent to info@*****.com for appointment ID 1001
    [August 15, 2016 11:18 am] Follow up email sent to info@*****.com for appointment ID 1006
    [August 15, 2016 12:36 pm] Follow up email sent to info@*****.com for appointment ID 1002
    [August 15, 2016 12:36 pm] Follow up email sent to info@*****.com for appointment ID 1007
    [August 15, 2016 12:46 pm] Follow up email sent to info@*****.com for appointment ID 1003
    [August 15, 2016 1:50 pm] Follow up email sent to info@*****.com for appointment ID 1004
    [August 15, 2016 1:50 pm] Follow up email sent to info@*****.com for appointment ID 1008
    [August 15, 2016 2:00 pm] Follow up email sent to info@*****.com for appointment ID 1005

All of these emails were received on August 21st @ 6:02am

I've granted access to our site so please feel free to take a look at the logs if you like.

• Nithin

Hi Suzy,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

Could you please update the plugin to the latest version of Appointments+ ie v1.9.1, the latest version have some improvements related to reminder notifications. We would like to see whether the latest version, resolves your issue.

Please do let us know how that goes, so that we could give a closer look. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Suzy

Hi @Nithin !
    No sorry I can't update the app. I was advised to roll back as the update you are suggestion broke a very important piece of functionality for our business. See post linked below. Once I've heard that this has been resolved I'd be more than happy to update!

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/update-removed-providersservices-at-one-locationtime-as-being-fcfs#post-1115524

• Nithin

Hi Suzy,

Thanks for pointing out the other issue, as the latest version of Appointments+ v1.9.1 plugin has some improvements on reminder notifications, it's pretty tough to troubleshoot without making sure whether it's related. Were you able to notice this reminder emails issue when you had the latest version installed? If it was working fine, if possible, I could provide that specific modifications for your current version, until your other issue is sorted.

Please do let us know, have a nice weekend. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Suzy

Hi Nithin !
    We had the other version for such a short time before I pulled it down it's hard to say. We don't know how many other people this has happened to. No customers have come forward saying it's happened to them as of yet. It could be isolated to these specific set of events. I don't know how many things are tracked in the background of the app so I was hoping to see if something was going on that wasn't listed in the log in the settings of the app. I'm not sure what more I can do at this end.

Thanks again =)
    Suzy

• Nithin

Hi Suzy,

I'll have to ping the developer regarding this, and check regarding the improvements on v1.9.1 for reminder would sort this issue.

Events booked on August 14th, all reminders and follow up emails were sent at the wrong time and not at the times reflected in the app settings log

I could see you have mentioned this in your support notes, so were there any reminders missed in the logs regarding August 14th? or the issue is only related to wrong time?

Could you also, enable debug mode, so that we could have a better idea regarding this issue. To enable it, open your wp-config.php file located in your root directory, and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

In order to enable the error logging to a file on the server you need to add:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

After making the above changes, please try to replicate the issue. The related errors will be saved to a debug.log log file inside the /wp-content/ directory.

Please attach these in your next reply in txt format file, so that we could give a closer look. You can find more details about debugging here.

Please let us know how that goes, have a nice day.

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.