Remote weekly backups

Hi there,

I've been using the WPMU Dev plugins for a while now and I really like the features and I'm overal very satisfied.
The only problem I run in to is with the Snapshot Pro plugin the remote backups aren't going to my FTP server on a weekly basis like I have configured. When i setup the settings in the backend of the website and make it run once it transfers a backup to the server without problem. Next I configure it to run once a week but when i check it after a week no new backups have been added.

I've graned you acces to the website with the WPMU Dev plugin to acces the backend use this link: byalesha.com/beheer

The WP Cron is disabled and via cPanel I made a cronjob that goes as followed : /usr/local/bin/php /home/byalesha/public_html/wp-cron.php and it runs once a week. This is a recurring error i have on a number of my websites.

Hopefully you can figure out why this isnt working.
Thanks in advance,

• Sajid

Hello Roy Janssen,
    Hope you are doing good today and thanks for kinds words :slight_smile:

Could you please confirm that other recurring tasks works on your site to make sure you have configured the cron correctly. I tried to test this quickly by scheduling a test post for two minutes but tha did not get published. This is because you have diabled the WP Cron completely and now using system cron that is only set weekly.

Did you get any error messages in debug.log or error_log files related to this issue. If yes then please post those messages here so we could further troubleshoot this issue (mask or remove the username fromt he full path before posting here for security reasons).

Also, please configure WP Crontrol plugin to monitor the cron system and see what cron jobs are failing and what are working. This are any similar plugin will help us troubleshot this issue faster.

Hope that helps! Feel free to post a reply if you need further assistance :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid - WPMU DEV Support

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.