Remove "All in one seo" tab from menu bar

Hi, Thanks for taking a sec.
How can I remove the tab that is created by "all in one seo" from the admin bar? (For registered Blog owners)
Best,
Yohan

• yohanaton
    • New Recruit

Hi Patrick,
    Thanks for your reply.
    I looked at it initially and found that there were a meta boxes that I didn't want my sub users to be able to play with... 301 redirects for example.

I like AIOSEO because it's super simple without too many bells and whistles that might confuse my users and add headaches to my support channel.

I gotta believe there's a simple way, simply by looking at the admin bar for the wpmudev site above...

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi again @yohanaton

I looked at it initially and found that there were a meta boxes that I didn't want my sub users to be able to play with... 301 redirects for example.

If you are referring to the metaboxes created by Infinite SEO, note that your site admins won't have access to any settings unless you explicitly enable that in your wp-config.php file.

See "Enabling Access on Sub-sites" on the plugin usage page for more on that:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/wpmu-dev-seo/#usage

As for removing something from the adminbar, there actually is a rather simple way to do it:
    http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/remove_node

• yohanaton
    • New Recruit

Hi Patrick,
    Thanks for your reply.
    Sorry, I'm not seeing where I can pick an choose which meta boxes are available and which are not.
    For instance, I don't want them to be able to see the boxes for
    "meta robots", "canonical url" "sitemap priority" and "301 redirect"

I do want them to be able to add title tags, meta descriptions and keywords.
    Please show me what setting to implement to pick and choose.
    That is awesome!
    Thanks,
    Yohan

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi again @yohanaton

Unfortunately, it's either the whole metabox that shows under the post editor, or nothing at all.

However, even if you hide the metabox for users, they can still adjust tags, keywords & descriptions in their site's Infiinite SEO settings.

To hide the post metabox, go to Infinite SEO > Settings in your network admin, and set the metabox(es) to show only for Super Admins. Then set that settings page to not show to site admins (screenshot).

Set the Title & Meta screen to show to site admins.

Then add the constant to your wp-config.php as described on the usage page to make that screen available to them.

• yohanaton
    • New Recruit

Hi Patrick,
    Thanks for helping out.
    I'm going to stick with AIOSEO, as it keeps the backend real simple for users.
    I've added wp admin bar removal as well as easy blogging.
    So all is clean now and I can control what tabs on the left by adding custom tabs in easy blogging.
    Now I just need to figure out the link code or structure to get from the front end to the back end for which ever user is logged into the browser.
    Thanks so much,
    Yohan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.