remove blog posts on frontpage

I would like to know how to remove the blog in the front page. I'm using Sleek Photo Template.

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hiya,

Greetings and thanks for posting on the forums.

You can set that in Settings >> Reading and set the front page to show a static page instead of blog posts.

I hope that helps. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions on the same.

Cheers, PC

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hiya,

You can set that under theme options as per the attached screenshots.

You can set it to show any static page as the home page and you will be able to achieve the desired effect and it will look like : http://facebook.wpdemo.in/

I may also add that this site is a multilanguage site. sleek photo theme has a frontpage selector but when switching to another language ie. site.com/fr/ won't work. What should I do?

I use the google translator widget to do it :slight_smile:

You can see that in action on the link I gave above

Cheers, PC

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hiya,

1. how do I remove the date and author in blog post and pages?

That has to be done in core theme files. But it may be over written with a theme update.

So you should create a child theme if you are willing to do that and then hunt the code related to user and date info and snap it out.

If you wanna do it via CSS then you can add the below code to remove it from the archive page

span.byline {display : none !important}

and if you are willing to remove it from the single post page, then the below code should do it.

div.information{display : none !important}

So, the ideal way is to use CSS as you will not have to worry about the theme updates. Just use a plugin like http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/imporved-simpler-css/ to do it.

2. how can i be able to display slider in every blog post and pages?

3. or set slider to show in a particular post or page?

Unfortunately that is not possible without custom modification of the theme.

Cheers, PC

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Greetings and thanks for being a great community member.

We haven't heard from you on this one for long and I am doing a regular followup to see if there is still something we can assist you on this thread.

Just to manage the support issues more efficiently, I am marking this thread as resolved for now however this is not being done to avoid your questions in any ways.

Please feel free to mark this is "Not resolved" in case you have further questions and we would be back on it.

Thanks a lot for being with WPMU DEV.

Cheers
    PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.