Remove Blog registration fields when register with Facebook

I have the option "Both sites and user accounts can be registered." active on my multisite with buddypress. And I would like to remove the option to create a Blog when people using "Register with facebook"

I already have removed the option from the normal register page by editing the register.php with the buddypress templates. But I dont know how to do this for Register with Facebook without changing the option "Both sites and user accounts can be registered."

Any advice?

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey there.

The main code is here:

/wpmu-dev-facebook/lib/wdfb_utilities.php Line 31:

if ($wp_grant_blog) {
    		$fields[] = array(
    			'name' => 'blog_title',
    			'description' => __('Your blog title', 'wdfb'),
    			'type' => 'text',
    		);
    		$newdomain = is_subdomain_install()
    			? 'youraddress.' . preg_replace('|^www\.|', '', $current_site->domain)
    			: $current_site->domain . $current_site->path . 'youraddress'
    		;
    		$fields[] = array(
    			'name' => 'blog_domain',
    			'description' => sprintf(__('Your blog address (%s)', 'wdfb'), $newdomain),
    			'type' => 'text',
    		);
    	}

Take care.

• jnkfrancis
    • Recruit

I did this as well and I get the following mesage:

Sorry, site names must have letters too!
    If you are not a spammer please try again with a different domain.

Language not allowed

So it appears removing those lines don't quite get the job done, although it does remove the fields from the form, it still checks for them, and it also appears there is some sort of language error

Please advise

J
    You can see it in action at http://rememberingbobmidyett.com/register

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey there.

Thanks for posting in this thread, however it might be best if you open your own, even if the issues seem closely related. That way it will remain independent of this one and ensure it doesn't confuse issues here if this thread needs reopening again by the author.

It also means the member who started this thread or anyone following it isn't inundated with post notifications each time we respond to each other. A lengthy thread could annoy the original

This also allows us to better track and answer your questions to ensure we don't miss any for ya.

You can start a new thread here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/qanda/

Thanks.

• AIPman1
    • The Incredible Code Injector

For the record, in current versions, doing the above, CAUSES that error JNK reported, and he never created a thread to solve it, I looked at his profile. So I don't suggest anyone try what is suggested in this thread, and search for another solution. Looking at his site, he still allows blog registration though facebook, so it's not likely he found a solution. Just trying to help people LOST as to how to accomplish allowing user registrations, and then blog sign ups LATER...because the code as it is allows either BOTH or one or the other...no setting to allow users to register WITHOUT being asked to start a site, while still allowing them to start one later. All threads I am finding are a year old and do not have current working solutions.

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi @AIPman1,

I hope you are well today.

This thread is a 2 years old. The plugin has changed since then and so has WordPress therefore solutions posted here may not work now :slight_smile:

To help keep support tickets separate, could you please open a new thread here https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/#question

You can also include reference of this thread in your newly created thread.

This helps to prevent any confusion (for us) as I'm sure you understand. Also this might help other members looking for a similar answer. :slight_smile:

We would be more than happy to help you on your new thread :slight_smile:

Thanks,
    Vinod Dalvi

• AIPman1
    • The Incredible Code Injector

That's all well and good, but when those of us are searching for answers in the system and this thread comes up as the #1 thing that matches the query...the advise is out of date, but still presented. so like I said "Just trying to help people LOST as to how to accomplish allowing user registrations, and then blog sign ups LATER"

I did actually start a current thread. There is no actual currently working solution for this as far as I have found anywhere.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.