Remove branding from the admin menu - make it incognito. HOW TO?

I want to have the plugin enabled, but I wish to remove branding from the admin menu completely. I want it incognito completely. Where can I find this and comment it out in the php files?

• Mark Wallace
    • Learn-ing-er

hello cmwwebfx

Good to see you again! Is WPMU Dev working well on your cell phone now! :slight_smile:

Can you include screen shots or a list of what you cannot remove or "re-brand"; I ask because i am using it on three client websites, and was able to remove everything i wanted too! I am about to go to those site and see if i missed something. If i dint, then i will be able to help you out!

Thanks cmwwebfx

• cmwwebfx
    • Flash Drive

Hi, ideally what I would like to achieve is to make the Branding incognito from admin when I hand over the site. So that the Branding plugin is only visible to a designated user.

Worst case scenario is I can reword the admin menu item of Branding to something else in line 145 of ubadmin.php to something less obvious as I have done in the attached screenshot.

// Add in our menu page
    			add_menu_page( __('Five15am','ub'), __('Five15am','ub'), 'manage_options', 'branding', array(&$this,'handle_main_page') );

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

@kimberly - no need for a feature request or any of the solutions above as the plugin already has that functionality.

You can either edit the ultimate-branding-files/includes/config.php file or put the following in your wp-config.php file:

if(!defined('UB_HIDE_ADMIN_MENU')) define('UB_HIDE_ADMIN_MENU', true);

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

where do I find these things without actually sitting next to you while you code? :slight_smile:

Read the changelogs ;p This feature was added in version 1.0.1

Added config item UB_HIDE_ADMIN_MENU to hide the branding menu on single site installs - should be set as:
    define('UB_HIDE_ADMIN_MENU', true);

• cmwwebfx
    • Flash Drive

Why not add this to the feature page with the instructions. It is a very nice feature and selling point of this plugin. Not everyone will read through changelogs to look for all the features.

• Mark Wallace
    • Learn-ing-er

@Barry

I never knew what the change logs was for. Thanks!

@cmwwebfx

Not everyone will read through changelogs to look for all the features.

I am guilty, i just read my first one! It's really kewl, almost like a history of the plugin. I will be reading them from hence forth!

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Why not add this to the feature page with the instructions. It is a very nice feature and selling point of this plugin. Not everyone will read through changelogs to look for all the features.

It was a response to Kimberly - we work as developers and documentation writers internally - so the developers develop, bug fix and release, the writers do the documentation :slight_smile: It streamlines us and ensures that the devs aren't spending time trying to write when they should be coding, but sometimes things get missed.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.