Remove configuration/settings data of Easy Blogging?

I had to remove the Easy Blogging plugin via FTP (deleted Easy Blogging folder), because I locked myself in Easy Mode by accident.

When I re-install the plugin (via WPMU Dev Dashboard), my configuration remains the same and I am locked out of normal wp-admin, so I had to uninstall via FTP again.

How do I remove the configuration/settings of the Easy Blogging plugin?

This would allow me to finally set-up this perfect plugin correctly, so I can set it up again and use it (without blocking myself from the normal wp-admin dashboard).

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello @signed_up

Greetings and thanks for posting on the forums.

because I locked myself in Easy Mode by accident.

Before we dig deep in the database, can you please explain what you mean by locking yourself in Easy mode ?

If you have activated the Easymode and not able to deactivate it, you can visit the link below and deactivate it.

http://yoursitename.tld/wp-admin/index.php?wdeb_off

replace yoursitename.tld with your site address.

Please advise.

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

• signed_up
    • The Crimson Coder

When I re-install Easy Blogging plugin, it already has my previous settings saved, where I have forced Easy Mode (in settings) onto Administrator by accident. I have tried visiting the url you are discussing, but somehow when I do, it redirects to "index.php?wdeb_on" and Easy Mode remains.

• signed_up
    • The Crimson Coder

Sorry for confusion. The "No Data Received" issue was completely unrelated to any WPMU Dev plugin. And I was able to fix the lockout from normal wp-admin dashboard by removing Easy Blogging via FTP.

I still have a problem though. Whenever I try to re-install the plugin via WPMU Dev Dashboard, my old configuration/settings of the plugin remains and I am stuck in Easy Mode again.

What I think it is -- maybe WPMU Dev Dashboard saves my settings somewhere, or Easy Blogging plugin has saved the settings in another file (not included in the main plugin folder).

Right now, I have it uninstalled via FTP, because I want to work on other aspects of my website, but this is still an issue that I need help with.

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hiya,

Thanks for posting back.

No issues.

Here is the solution to fix if you have locked yourself in Easy mode as an admin

Here's a quick way to reset all your Easy Blogging settings. In your wp-content/mu-plugins folder (create one if it doesn't already exist), create a file named "wdeb_reset_options.php" and paste this code in the file:

<?php

function wdeb__reset_options () {
    	$data = new Wdeb_Options;
    	$data->set_options(array(), 'wdeb');
    }
    add_action('admin_init', 'wdeb__reset_options');

The first time you visit any of your admin pages after this, your settings will be erased. After you reset your settings in this way, you'll want to delete the file you just created first, then reconfigure the plugin.

Thanks to Vlad for sharing this.

I hope that helps. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions on the same.

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

• signed_up
    • The Crimson Coder

Okay. I will try this as soon as possible.

I had uninstalled the plugin when I couldn't remove the settings. Do I need to install the plugin again and then create this file and visit admin pages? Or can I just create the file and visit some admin pages, delete the file, and finally, install the plugin again.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.