Remove CSS and jQuery from "Showcase on specific site"

Hey there! :slight_smile:

I would like to remove the CSS and jQuery which appears on the page by the plugin if i choose "Showcase on a specific site".

I see the styles and jQuery are directly written into the site and not loaded or enqueued.
It would be great, if there would be a cleaner solution for this.

Right now i override the css in my site's template file.
I would love to deregister/remove the jQuery and CSS.

Maybe we could mark this as a feature request?

Best,
David

• Tyler Postle

Hey David,

Hope you're doing well today!

What are you wanting to change exactly here? Perhaps there is a way we can overwrite this without disabling the code-output, as any changes to the code would need to be done after each update.

This is something I can move to feature requests though :slight_smile:

Showcase on a specific site

I'm not seeing this option, are you referring to the "As a showcase inside a page"? I assumed so but just want to make sure I'm not missing something here.

Talk to you soon! Cheers

• MapSteps

Hey Tyler! :slight_smile:

As a showcase inside a page

exactly what i ment to say :slight_smile: I have the plugin translated and didn't know the exact name of the option :slight_smile:

I would just like to remove the jquery/css which is created as inline-styles on the page i show the templates on.

Right now i have to write all styles directly into my template file to override the plugin-styles.

I need to say, this is not really a big problem, but it would be great if there was an easy way to remove those styles without touching the core code. if not, i'll keep on going with my solution :slight_smile:

Best,
    David

PS: is there a shortcode to display the templates also on other pages?

• Tyler Postle

Hey David,

Sorry for my delay here.

I'll move this to feature requests so the developer will see it and can consider adding the option into a future version :slight_smile: I agree it would be a good option to have.

As for the CSS you should be able to overwrite that by adding more specific style selectors to an external stylesheet like the one this plugin provides: https://en-ca.wordpress.org/plugins/simple-custom-css/

Or using "!important" if there is no more specific selectors available. Of course, we don't normally want to use "!important" but in a situation like this I think it would be preferred over core file edits. Unless I'm missing something here!

PS: is there a shortcode to display the templates also on other pages?

Right now there isn't, but I'll move that to feature requests as well.

Thanks for your reply David! Let me know if you have further questions.

Cheers,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.