Remove Dashboard from our client sites once they end our service

We're wanting to be able to remove the Dashboard from our client sites once they've discontinued their services with us.

As discussed during chat, I was told I can remove the Dashboard remotely from the "My Websites" section of the Hub. However, I was informed this does not always work due to our server configurations and permissions.

Actually it seems I cannot remove dashboard remotely, the option is in grey specifically for the dashboard plugin for all sites. The server we have is Centos 6.9, Plesk onyx 17.5 control panel + Nginx web server.

• Dimitris

Hey there Xavier,

hope you're doing good today! :slight_smile:

I can see that you've mentioned in chat session that a self-assigned certificate is the reason for not being able to remove a website from your Hub page.
    Are you able to confirm this? Is there any website of yours without a self-assigned cert?
    Are you able to remove this website? Please advise!

Could you can also please provide some server access to provide to our devs?
    As this is public forum, you should send us your details through our safe contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question using this template:

Subject: "Attn: Dimitris"
    - WordPress admin (login url/username/password)
    - FTP/SSH credentials for file access (host/username/password)
    - cPanel/Plesk/phpMyAdmin credentials for DB access (host/username/password)
    - link back to this thread for reference
    - any other relevant urls

Keep in mind the subject line as ensures that it gets assigned to me.

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

• Xavier

Hey Dimitris,

Thanks for reaching back! Sorry for delay. So basically this is what happened,

When using a self signed SSL, WPMU dashboard gives a SSL error stating that the site is using self signed certificate, and do you want to remove the site anyway. Once you accept to remove it anyway, it seems no connection occurs to remove the plugin and the Wordpress site remains logged in, causing you to manually remove the file and fully deleting the database entry. This is only if you customize the WPMU dashboard to not show/display login log out. Otherwise, on the default WPMU dashboard plugin you'd have to manually log in and sign out.

Also, just a heads up, this was done on a test site for testing purposes. Not on an actually site in production.

Please advise, thanks.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.