Remove "Easily get updates, support, and one-click WPMU DEV

Remove "Easily get updates, support, and one-click WPMU DEV plugin/theme installations right from in your dashboard"

• JC
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

I don't want the WPMUDEV dashboard, my client don't want the dashboard and nowhere when I purchased the plugin did it state I am required to have the dashboard. It's annoying and also having constant messages from WPMUDEV dashboard at the top is not acceptable for me or my client. How do I remove it completely?

• aristath
    • Recruit

@JC
    Plugins and themes get constantly updated. Updates include feature improvements, bugfixes and even security updates!
    If the WPMUDEV Dashboard plugin is not installed on your site, then you will never be notified about the updarte and you will not be able to update it like you would any other plugin, because they are simply not in the wordpress.org repository.
    The WPMUDEV Dashboard plugin is simply there to provide that functionality and nothing mor than that.
    You can simply install it and then add the following in your wp-config.php file:
    define('WPMUDEV_HIDE_BRANDING', true);
    This will disable ALL notifications etc, and even hide the plugin menu.

Alternatively, you will have to hack the plugin to remove the notifications you don't want.

Cheers,
    Ari.

• JC

We don't want to install, it's not possible to install more unnecessary software and had I known I would not have installed this for my client nor purchased it as you did NOT stipulate it's a forced requirement. Themes and plugins are updated, you are correct, but a simple notice within the plugin will suffice not a dashboard that takes over just about the entire admin section.

Great plugins and themes you have, unfavourable setup and not cool to FORCE people to have to take additional steps to remove any branding and notices.

Honestly and being upfront is important... and it's not a FREE plugin it's paid for so giving your customers a simple TICK box option "show / do not show" would be good.

• JC

Hi Paul,

I do not want to have to install the dashboard, use the dashboard or have any notifications about the dasboard. Nowhere did it state that it's a requirement and will be included. Will this be disabled in the update? Is this what you are saying? Will I be able to install the plugin User Report on it's own and not have any further notifications ref the dashboard?

• Paul
    • The Green Incsub

@JC,

Will I be able to install the plugin User Report on it's own and not have any further notifications ref the dashboard?

No. My upcoming change will be to limit the nag header to just the screens used for the reports. Not all admin screens. The Dashboard library is required to be included with all our plugins (sorry).

As Ari stated you can hide this but you need to install the Dashboard plugin. You can see the usage for the Dashboard (I know you don't want to install it). https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/wpmu-dev-dashboard/#usage go to the section 'Hiding & Branding' point #3

• JC

Why did you not disclose the requirement for Dashboard prior to my purchase? If it is required for all plugins then you have to state this clearly so that customers can see requirement prior to purchase.

If your update limits any messages to only the User Report screens, that is acceptable to me as it will the only interfere with the plugin's own screens. I will check later to see if updated version is available. Thank you!

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi @andrew,

Thank you for your question.

If you want to manually install plugins and don't want ti install WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin then just install and activate the following plugin to suppress the wpmu dashboard messages which gets displayed when you don't install the WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin but keep in mind that you will have to also manually check whether the updates available for the plugin or not and update the plugin manually.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/wpmu-no-nag

Best Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.