Remove features on home page

I'm looking to keep the design of the site I'm working on very simple and would like to simply disable (remove) the ad and footer. Is this possible and if so, can you direct me as to how to do this? I would like to keep the copyright area as the footer however.

It would also be great to disable or remove the blog posts from appearing on the home page as well as I'm not planning to use the blog functionality (yet).

Thanks!

• 3SixtyEvolve

Hi Arrowcom

Thank you for being a member and for using the Business Services Theme.

I'm afraid there is no easy way to disable the footer advert area. It is currently a widget area and to change it you will need to create a child theme and copy /business-services/library/components/footer-adverts.php to it, applying any changes you'd like to make to that file.

The same would apply for the advert area on the home page body. I tried to find the code for this, but unfortunately wasn't able to.

You can also check the CSS for both here: business-services\_inc\css\businessservices.css

You can read more about child themes here:

What are Parent and Child Themes?

To avoid the blog posts from showing you can assign a specific page to your home page by going to WP Admin Dashboard » Settings » Reading. Create a new page and place your own content in there, thus replacing the generic home page.

I hope this is helpful. If you need anything further, please don't hesitate to be in touch.

Have a good day!

Gina

• 3SixtyEvolve

Hi Arrowcom

Hope you're well.

The best way when handling code would be to edit it rather than deleting it. So in your case to get rid of the footer, I'd suggest to create a child theme and then modify the footer in the child theme.

You do this by copying the footer.php from the parent theme into the child theme and then modifying it. WordPress will see that you have a footer.php in your child theme and use that instead of the parent theme footer.php.

Any template files you put in your child theme will take priority over the same file in the parent theme when called by WordPress.

If you would like to change the look of the footer you would do it also in the child theme and this is the code that you can add and edit:

/********************************************* footer */
    #footer {
    background: #d0d7d9 url(../../library/styles/colour-images/bottom-shade.jpg) repeat-x top;
    margin: 0px;
    padding: 0px;
    float: left;
    width: 100%;
    }

#footer-inner {
    width: 960px;
    margin-right: auto;
    margin-left: auto;
    }

#footer-content {
    width: 960px;
    margin: 55px 0px 0px;
    padding: 0px 0px 2em;
    float: left;
    }

Hope this helps.

Let me know if you need any further assistance.

Gina

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.