remove fsacebook picture sync

I want to unsync the facebook syncing with this person's profile. I only want to use the gravatar picture

http://screencast.com/t/cq6reeO6

How do I do that?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Jason,

Great question!

I admit I do not know, I cannot find anything i.e. permissions? to unsync these items, only dealing with those whom could not.

I wonder also if this is what the end user sets when log in into the site using Facebook the first time and it asks them about using the Facebook profile data.

Therefore I will see if I can get the lead developer in here with his invaluable insight into this plugin for his advice/advise for us.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hi,

Although there's currently no way to disable this via plugin options, you can use this bit of code to get rid of the Facebook avatars replacement on both public and admin side of your site:

function wdfb_remove_avatars ($handler) {
    	remove_filter('get_avatar', array($handler, 'get_fb_avatar'));
    }
    add_action('wdfb-core-hooks_added-public', 'wdfb_remove_avatars');
    add_action('wdfb-core-hooks_added-admin', 'wdfb_remove_avatars');
  • aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Jason,

Please do not forget to update to the newest version of the Ultimate Facebook plugin at your earliest convenience, our system indicates you are using an older version.

Looking forward to hearing about your results in any event.

Cheers, Joe

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hello,

As for the placement of the code, you can either place it in your theme's functions.php file, or in a separate .php file in your wp-content/mu-plugins folder. Please note that if you intend to use a file in mu-plugins, you'll want to add "<?php" *before* the code I posted above too. Of course, the option for this will go into the plugin settings for the next plugin release.

As for the other question - this code would only affect avatars display. Your users would be shown with their gravatars. It shouldn't mess with the comment import settings.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Jason,

Thank you for the great question in which the answer is clearly dependent on how you have activated the Ultimate Facebook plugin.

If it is network activated then the effect is network wide and if it is site by site activated then it is site by site.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.