Remove Google Map API option from upfront.

I'm using location plugin that already includes the Google Map API. Is there any way I can turn off or remove Google Map API from upfront?

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hey Bamboo,

Hope you're doing well :slight_smile:

I talked with our devs and this is on their to-do list for the next release.

For now only workaround is to poke around the theme files a bit.

What you would need to do is access your WP files via FTP or cPanel and navigate to /wp-content/themes/upfront/library/ where you will need to edit class_upfront_output.php file.

In that file on line 339 you will find this piece of code:
    upfront_add_element_script('upfront-default-map', array('scripts/default-map.js', dirname(__FILE__)));
    All we need to do now is to comment that line out by replacing it with this code:
    //upfront_add_element_script('upfront-default-map', array('scripts/default-map.js', dirname(__FILE__)));

Save the changes and that should be it.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Bamboo,

There's not really much to mess up and you can always restore the original file in case that anything goes wrong :slight_smile:

But sure, we can help out with this.
    I have attached modified file below so you can download it, unzip it and place it inside above mentioned folder.

Or if you want us to make the change for you directly on server we will need access to your files via FTP or cPanel.
    You can send us your details using our contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question and the template below:

Subject: "Attn: Predrag Dubajic"
    - Site login url
    - WordPress admin username
    - WordPress admin password
    - FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    - cPanel credentials (host/username/password)
    - Link back to this thread for reference
    - Any other relevant urls

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.