Remove "Help & Support" from command-more-menu

Hello,

Can you, please, help me remove the "Help & Support" li item from the comand-more-menu in Up Front editor. I tried just replacing the text using the Branding plugin, but it doesn't work. I am trying to have the editor, as much as possible white label, and I would want to remove the link to wpmu, or replace it with my own support link.

Thank you for all your help and support :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Mario

• Luís

Hi Mario ,

Hope you're doing well today!

1) To change the text, you can use the translation file:

1.1) Go to "wp-content/themes/upfront/languages" folder and download the "upfront.pot" file;

1.2) Using a .pot editor, like Poedit add a translation to the string you want;

1.3) When you save the file, Poedit will generate two files: .mo and .po;

1.4) Change the file name to include the just the language code:

I.E, if your site language is English (United States) defined in Settings -> General, your translation file should be:

en_US.mo

1.5) Then upload the .mo file to "wp-content/themes/upfront/languages" folder.

2) To change the link, I need to ping the developers to get more information. I will update this topic once I got a reply.

Cheers, Luís

• Jude

Hey Mario

Just to clarify

I will make the changes in the .mo file
    Just one short question: When updating upfront, will this file be deleted/replaced? Do I have to reupload it every time I update Upfront?

If you upload the files directly to a folder in the plugin or theme, you need to upload them again every time you update the plugin or theme.

It is preferable to upload translation files to wp-content/languages/plugins or wp-content/languages/themes to prevent having to do that.

• Mario

Hey Jude,

On my previous comment I said that I asked a silly question because I presumed that since I create the .po and .mo file, and they don't exist in Upfront's language folder, the files I created won't be overrode. Am I mistaken? If so, how can I create a .po file for Upfront outside Upfront's folder, somewhere like wp-content/languages/themes?

Also, looking forward for a way to change the link - I'm following some similar questions, looks like I'm not the only one trying to change the link to wpmu help.

Best regards,
    Mario

• Luís

Hi Mario ,

Hope you're doing well today!

Firstly, sorry for the extreme delay in the reply and all the problems it may have caused.

I am trying to have the editor, as much as possible white label, and I would want to remove the link to wpmu, or replace it with my own support link.

I already got a reply from the developers and unfortunately, the only way to do this is changing a "core" file.

1) Using FTP access, go to "wp-content/themes/upfront/build" and download "main.js" file;

2) Using an editor, make a search for:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/upfront-documentation

and replace it with the desired link;

Unfortunately, this is the only way and we will need to make this change in every Upfront update, we don't have a way to avoid this, however, our developers are working in a better way to white labeling Upfront.

If so, how can I create a .po file for Upfront outside Upfront's folder, somewhere like wp-content/languages/themes?

From what I tested, we can use the "wp-content/languages/themes" folder to place the language file.

In my first reply I mentioned that the file name needs to have just the language code, but to use it in the "wp-content/languages/themes" it needs to have the theme name too, in this case the parent theme "Upfront".

So, if your site language is English (United States) defined in Settings -> General, your translation file should be:

upfront-en_US.mo

I hope this information has been helpful. If I can help you in this or other questions, please let me know!

Cheers, Luís

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.