Remove meta information and additional question

Please can you give me some guidance.

1. I am developing a new site for client using Event=. On Home page is list of upcoming events. When I click on an individual link a separate page comes up.

My client wants this but does not want the meta information. Event created by, takes place on or breadcrumb trail etc.

How do I remove this?

2. I need the events to automatically expire on the list so they do not show when passed on this or on the events page. How do I go about this?

Thanks for your help, I look forward to hearing from you.

Mark

• aristath

Hello there @mark_strevens and welcome to the WPMU-DEV Community!

My client wants this but does not want the meta information. Event created by, takes place on or breadcrumb trail etc.

That depends on the themeyou're using... could you please post a link to your site so that I may take a look at it?

2. I need the events to automatically expire on the list so they do not show when passed on this or on the events page. How do I go about this?

I'm afraid I don't quite understand what you want to do here...
    Could you provide some more info on that? Do you want past events to COMPLETELY dissapear from the website?

Please advise,
    Ari.

• aristath

Hey Mark,

Simply add this to the end of your theme's stylesheets:

#wpmudevevents-contentheader,
    #event-bread-crumbs,
    #wpmudevevents-contentmeta {
      display: none !important;
    }

Yes, once the event is passed they want past events to fall off the Events list and all calendars automatically.

There is currently no easy way to do what you want to achieve!

I can think of 2 options:

1. Once an event expires, the user should edit it and save it as a draft so that it's not published.

2. You could create a new plugin that will check the events dates and if an event has expired the plugin will trigger an action and unpublish it. In case you don't know how to do that, you could post a new job at our Jobs Board so that a skilled developer may create this plugin for you.

Cheers,
    Ari.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.