Remove 'Not Logged In, Login Here' from WordPress Toolbar – Plus include Buddypress menu n

Hi Support, any ides how to remove the link ‘Not Logged In, Login Here’ from the WordPress Toolbar?

It’s not needed as there’s already a login form in the toolbar and it looks a bit unsightly!

I was also wondering how to include the Buddypress menu navigation items within the profile tab of the toolbar?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings themarketingcompass,

Hi Support, any ides how to remove the link ‘Not Logged In, Login Here’ from the WordPress Toolbar?

This I believe would be accomplished by modifying the wp-includes/admin-bar.php file.

You can comment out the “logout” statement or just remove the word “Log Out” from between the quotes:

'title' => __( 'Log Out' ),

I was also wondering how to include the Buddypress menu navigation items within the profile tab of the toolbar?

What specific Buddypress menu navigation items are you referring to?

And are you referring to the profile on the regular WordPress toolbar, upper right corner?

Are you in fact using Buddy Press?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• themarketingcompass
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Joe, thanks for that, however that removed the log out option in the drop down menu item from 'Howdy admin'. You'll see from the screenshot that I'm referring to the text link in the middle of the toolbar that say's 'Not Logged In, Login Here'.

Regarding to the second challenge, yep I'm using Buddypress and yep the dropdown in the upper right hand corner, the same one as 'Howdy admin' – I've seen Buddypress navigation items in there before, for example 'my profile', 'notifications' etc…

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings themarketingcompass,

I cannot figure out how to get the bar you are indeed referring to and included in your screen shot.

It does not look like my Buddy Press bar.

What the heck am I missing here?

What theme are you using?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Ben,

No apologies necessary, especially when coming from one of my personal favorite members!

I cannot find it anywhere to include where it is coming from.

I checked the entire code of the WordPress Admin Bar Improved plugin, Buddy Press, and Word Press.

I see you have also submitted a ticket on WordPress which has remained unanswered as of this post:

http://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-wordpress-admin-bar-improved-remove-not-logged-in-login-here

Ben, may I please have the site URL so that I may try to inspect the bar itself for some clues?

Cheers, Joe

• themarketingcompass
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Joe, thanks for coming back! :slight_smile:

Check out: townflo(dot)co(dot)uk

at the moment I’m using the ‘Real Time Find and Replace’ plugin that you previously suggested for another project you helped me on, but it does kind of leave a button with no words in it there!

Ben

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Ben,

It would be if the file that was modified is not overwritten in an update.

Do you know which file was modified?

If so you would want to FTP into it’s location and permission it 444 read only so that it may not be overwritten.

Which file was modified Ben?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Ben,

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.