Remove OpenGraph settings meta box

I'm upgrading a multisite metwork and am really locking down a lot of functionality for the admins of their subsites.
Mostly to reduce confusions and to streamline each page.

I'm using this function to remove several meta boxes:

remove_meta_box( 'postexcerpt' , 'post' , 'normal' ); )

I am attempting to also remove the OpenGraph Settings meta box as well but not having any success.

Can you please let me know what I should be using to call the OpenGraph Settings meta box specifically? I've tried several names/ids, trying to guess what it could be but with no luck.

Basically just want to know what I would insert instead of 'postexcerpt'

Thanks for any help you can give me!

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hello,

It's important when the action handler that removes the metaboxes is run - it has to be after the default hooking action:

function rogm_remove_post_metabox () {
    	remove_meta_box('wdfb_opengraph_editor', 'post', 'side');
    }
    add_action('add_meta_boxes', 'rogm_remove_post_metabox', 20);

The above snippet will remove the box from the post editor only (also, the context value for the metabox is "side"). The box is by default bound to other custom post types as well, and to get rid of those boxes too, you might want to do something more verbose, e.g.:

function rogm_remove_all_cpt_metabox () {
    	$types = get_post_types(array('public'=>true), 'names');
    	foreach ($types as $type) remove_meta_box('wdfb_opengraph_editor', $type, 'side');
    }
    add_action('add_meta_boxes', 'rogm_remove_all_cpt_metabox', 20);

Lastly, since the custom post types used by the plugin to add metabox to are exposed for filtering, you can get the same effect by using something like this:

add_filter('wdfb-metabox-filter_registered_types', '__return_false');

This will kill the metabox on all custom post types, just like the previous example, although in a (arguably) more elegant way,

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.