Remove option from Multisite Prosite Signup

On the signup page for multisite, there are two options after the username, password, etc.

Gimme Site!
Just Username Please

Is there a way to remove/hide Just Username Please?

Right now I'm considering just hiding the whole thing via CSS - but hoped for a more elegant solution. Thanks!

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya,

A css property of display:none would definitely get the job done. The other way to do it would be to copy wp-signup.php to your theme's root directory and edit it there (giving you complete control). You could then remove the Just Username option.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you need anything further!

• Todd Heitner
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi, I'm wanting to do the same thing (not allowing people to create just usernames without a site), but I have an additional question. I'm using Pro Sites, so I'd like to customize how that works too. I don't want to offer a free level. How can I accomplish this?

For this option:
    Would you like to upgrade this site to Pro? I'm Interested / Not Now

I'd like to force it to be a "Pro" site by not allowing free signups. When I'm going through the signup process it appears to still be on the signup page URL, but I wouldn't think signup.php would be the place to change that.

Just to clarify what I'm trying to accomplish, I don't want a free level of Pro Sites, I only want users to create an account and pay for their site. I don't want to offer anything free - no free usernames, no free sites. So I'd like the signup process to be more of a checkout process. How can I accomplish this?

Thanks,
    Todd

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya,

You should see I just created a test site. It worked exactly as expected. I wasn't given an option to choose whether or not I wanted a pro-site and then if you check out the site it's not available until I pay:
    mason.judgmentsite.com

And when I log in, it immediately takes me to the pro site page and tells me I need to pay $19.95.

What did you find that isn't working? Let me know. Thanks.

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

If you want to remove that option the easiest way to do it is to hide it with CSS. Otherwise you can recreate the entire signup page by copying the wp-signup.php to your theme's foot directory and customizing.

There's no great way to really control the WordPress default signup process outside of coding at this point. Hope this helps. Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.