Remove option "Just a username, please." at sign-up

Hello,

I'd be grateful if you would share with me how I may remove the option to create just a user name at sign-up.

I don't see the need to have users that don't have a website.

Am I missing something as to why this is an available option?

Is this important for any reason?

Is it because registered user can comment or join the support forum?

If so I don't want user without a website.

Thanks in advance,

Ralf

Mason

Hiya Ralf,

Am I missing something as to why this is an available option?

It may not be useful to you and your specific site, but there are literally endless ways you can use WordPress and some have needs for many more members than sites. And need for those members to be able to create their own user name.

I'd be grateful if you would share with me how I may remove the option to create just a user name at sign-up.

Sure thing. Are you looking for BuddyPress or just WordPress? For WordPress, this has been discussed previously, here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/wp-signupphp

It really is best to create your own signup page. Not only does it help out tremendously with splogs, but it also gives you complete control over the process. When you get your page set up you're going to wanna take lines 260-270 and replace them with this:
    <?php if ( $active_signup == 'blog' ) { ?>
    <input id="signupblog" type="hidden" name="signup_for" value="blog" />
    <?php } elseif ( $active_signup == 'user' ) { ?>
    <input id="signupblog" type="hidden" name="signup_for" value="user" />
    <?php } else { ?>
    <input id="signupblog" type="hidden" name="signup_for" value="blog" <?php echo $signup['blog'] ?> />
    <?php } ?>

That'll remove the option for "just a user" and automatically assign them a new blog.

Hope that helps!