Remove option redundancy in multisite

As I add more plugins to my multisite I am increasing the amount of redundant options.

For instance, Right now I have 3 plugins that require facebook app Id. I am thinking to myself about the support nightmare this is going to be and ways to avoid it.

I am leaning towards the idea of hiding all the plugins options pages and then having my own master options page. When user set options on my page the code will go and set it everywhere it needs to be set.

The majority of settings won't need to be changed after my default configuration so this will make the system so much easier to use as it will remove probably about 80% of the options.

I have been doing lots of googling but have not found a single mention of anyone attempting the same thing which makes me wonder if this is going to be too problematic.

I assume all admin settings pages will be using add_option(). Is there a quick way to to find out from admin page what the option being saved is without having to trawl though the code?

I am thinking I would create my own option, for example facebook app Id. Then I would create an action hook for when it is set that will update all the various places it needs to go.

Are there any plugins that do this already or anything I could use to make this task easier?

• Aicee Taguilaso

Hi Mike!

Hope you're doing well today! :slight_smile:

This is my first time too on hearing such attempt. For that 3 plugins that you have, you will need to sync the three databases of those three plugins into that one options page that you'll create. I believe it's possible to create a master options page, but this will require huge custom development to implement.

You can post a job in our job board where you can hire a developer to assist you further:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu-jobs/
    Please note that, no WPMU official staff members are allowed to work in the job board.

Let's also see if there are other members who have some great insights on this.

Regards,
    Aicee

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.