Remove or Track Admin on GA

The plugin is great, esp. for MU. However, it doesn’t currently offer any option to “track administrators” or completely remove the GA code from the site when administrators are logged in forcing all websites with the script to be influenced by the visits of admins.

We built a workaround that we push out on our themes now, but it would be nice to see something more integrated into the functionality of this plugin, rather then hacking around it.

You can see our mod here:

http://sethmatics.com/articles/filter-administrators-role-tracking-on-multisite-analytics-plugin/

Let me know if you guys come up with anything.

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey again.

Ahh, sorry I don’t use internet cafes to sign into websites with my username and password. To many security issues which could cause issues for your sensitive users data for my liking which is why i never considered that.

Thats a horrible solution to consider.

I understand your opinion but I don’t think it is so horrible otherwise Google would not have implemented such a feature which could be utilised by companies.

I do understand what you mean, and so I’ll move this over to the feature request forum for you, see if we have other members looking for this.

Anyway else want such a feature?

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

The plugin isn’t developed to mimic every other plugin available out there. It was developed to be a light weight solution for a multisite installation.

Just so I can be sure there is no misunderstanding here though, I’m not disagreeing with you at all. In fact I can see a need for people to have this sort of feature it could be very useful for them indeed.

My original suggestion was only because Google give the option to discount staff tracking.

I’ll pass your feedback onto the developer, just to be sure though how would you propose the plugin handle inaccurate tracking where an admin or level it shouldn’t count is being tracked because they are not logged in (thus no role, and still affecting your stats). I.E. they are checking content when not logged in, surfing the site when not logged in, etc.

Take care.

• scarstens
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Yes, your points about the IP address are also valid. And I have used it before, but for small businesses, many of which work from home or from multiple offices while traveling, its just not feasible. My code already takes care of this feature for me and my clients, as I can just copy and paste it into anyone’s theme and have a solution now.

Also don’t want to sound ungrateful, we use this plugin on multisite because its considerably more lightweight then the other solutions out there. Hopefully other users will express the need though so that this simple addition can make its way into the core coding of the plugin. :slight_smile:

Thanks for you detailed responses.

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey again.

There are discussions internally about create a public roadmap, or something like it. It won’t give dates but it could show what is planned for the future.

Nothing confirmed there yet, but the aim is for more transparency. :slight_smile:

Take care.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.