Remove Paypal 'Ship to my billing address' option

I am using Membership 2 Pro and I have the Paypal Single Gateway enabled. When a user registers for a membership, they get taken to paypal and it has options to add a billing address and shipping address. I think my users are getting confused about the shipping part cause nothing is getting shipped to them. Is there a way in Paypal to turn this off in the checkout page?

Mahlamusa

Hello Tom.

I hope you are having a great day so far. First I would like to thank you for your patience while we were looking for a solution to your problem with the Membership 2 Pro plugin.

I have researched and found that the "Ship to my billing address" option can be suppressed so that it doesn't show up in the payment form and that PayPal is forced to display only the shipping fields. I have come up with the following piece of code you should add to two files related to PayPal in the Membership 2 plugin.

Copy the following code:

'no_shipping' => array(
    	'id' => 'no_shipping',
    	'type' => MS_Helper_Html::INPUT_TYPE_HIDDEN,
    	'value' => 1,
    ),

And paste it in the file 'class-ms-gateway-paypalstandard-view-button.php' located in the folder

/wp-content/plugins/membership/app/gateway/paypalstandard/view/

And paste it in the file 'class-ms-gateway-paypalsingle-view-button.php' located at

/wp-content/plugins/membership/app/gateway/paypalsingle/view/

I have pasted it just after the code that looks like this

'item_name' => array(
    	'id' => 'item_name',
    	'type' => MS_Helper_Html::INPUT_TYPE_HIDDEN,
    	'value' => $membership->name,
    ),

That is on line number 131 in the file 'class-ms-gateway-paypalstandard-view-button.php' and line number 112 in the file 'class-ms-gateway-paypalsingle-view-button.php'. The line numbers should be the same if you are using Membership 2 Pro Version: 1.0.3.3.

To make things simple for you, I have attached the plugin file so you can replace the current one through FTP or just copy the files from the zip file and replace the ones mentioned above.

Once you have applied the fix, the PayPal checkout page should look something like this:

As you can see on the screenshot, the shipping option is not visible and PayPal will not ask the user to enter shipping details.

Please note that this is not a final update of the plugin and so, the patch may not be included in the next update, but I hope it will be included to avoid any more inconvenience on your side. If the fix is not included you may always refer to this post to apply the fix later.

I hope this is helps resolve the issue you were having. If not, please let us know and we will be happy to help you.

Cheers,
    Mahlamusa