Remove pro-site page completely.

Hi WPMU Dev,

I am facing a couple of issues with the Pro Sites plugin which I can't resolve.

1. I want to completely remove the pro-site signup page. If I delete this, will it cause any errors?

2. I am taking manual payments for Pro Sites and I'm using the pay to blog module so there is no free version. The problem is when I Remove Pro status from a site, the user is presented with a Re-enable now link which goes to the pro-site page (which I want to delete).

Is there a way I can change the Re-enable now link to a contact email or something?

Thanks in advance,
Paul

• Patrick

Hey there @Paul

I hope you're well today!

Even if you are taking manual payments and are manually granting Pro Site status to sites once you receive payment, users will be redirected to the checkout page when they try to login to their dashboard.

So it is not recommended to remove that page, or they will wind up on your 404 page.

Unless of course you are also manually creating the sites for them. Is that the case here? If so, then you could remove that page as well as the Pro Sites menu items in the admin and the toolbar (see the options for that at the top of the Pro Sites Settings screen).

The re-enable link can be edited in the plugin files in pro-sites/pro-sites-files/modules/pay-to-blog.php

Keep in mind though that any edits you m,ake to plugin files will need to be redone every time you update the plugin.

I hope this helps! And thanks for being a member :slight_smile:

• Paul

Hey @Patrick,

Thank you for your response.

That's perfect, I am creating the sites manually. To be honest, I almost don't even need Pro Sites, It's literally just for the levels. Once Pro Sites gets updated to allow initial payments I may re-think the whole sign up thing.

I have already removed all the Pro Sites links in the admin and toolbar, that works fine.

I'll remove the re-enable link from pay-to-blog.php and make a note that I've done this for future updates.

Just a thought, instead of removing the pro-sites page altogether, do you think re-directing it to another page would be ok?

Thanks again,
    Paul

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.