Remove product description, just read more/add to cart link

Hi,

I used the marketpress CSS from framemarket to customize the product page from the store. How can I remove the description so that all boxes appear with just the product name, image and link for more info to make sure all product boxes are the same size?

Here's a link of what I am talking about: http://fcnyc.glocalwebtech.com/store/products/category/tests/

Thanks!
Dana

• DavidM

Hi Dana,

For customizations like that, I think the best way would be to use a template as detailed in the Themeing_MarketPress.txt file in the /marketpress-includes/themes/ folder.

Basically, MarketPress checks for the existence of particular files within your theme folder. If those files exist, it uses those template files to render the pages on your site.

Given that, you'd need to customize the output in the product list template (mp_productlist.php) so that it doesn't include the description. The template-functions.php file in the /marketpress-includes/ folder provides all the functions you'd need for that.

Other than that, you might be able to get away with hiding the content with some css like the following:
    .mp_product_content p { display:none; }

Though that css method isn't really advised for various reasons, it might suffice for your purposes.

Hope that helps!

-David

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.