Remove Protected Category Posts from listings

Hi All,

Hope you are well. As some of our Protected Content may be between internal departments, is it possible to remove posts, with a protected category, from view in our public page listings..?

• Paul

Hi Ash,

I'm well thank you. No Listings Plugins, just a straightforward list of Recent Posts which appear on the homepage (and in a sidebar widget). Some of the Protected Content will be for internal groups and we would prefer these posts not to appear at all for Users without membership.

I could send the URL of the test site, which does require password access (is this thread Private..?)

• Sumit Kumar

Hi there @Paul,
    I hope you are doing good, today :slight_smile:

In regards to your queries;
    It's not a good idea to post any login credentials in the forums as they are publicly accessible and indexed by search engines. :slight_smile:
    Moreover, we don't think we will need them at this point unless we need to get-in to your site.
    Let's try to solve it by instructing you, first :wink:

Yes, you can protect your posts based on specific categories. You need to create a "protected category" and then mark assign confidential posts to them. Then under "protected content" menu page, head over to the same name (protected content) submenu. To the "categories, custom post type" tab, choose that protected category. After then create a membership, to access those posts for specific users.

Have you gone through our handy tutorial here :

Hope I have been able to address your queries.
    Do let us know, if this doesn't worked out. We will be more than happy to help you.

Warm Regards,