Remove render blocking resources

HI! I have been using Hummingbird to improve my website performance in order to rank better with Google. I have improved many elements, but I cannot get one item to budge no matter what I try (I am not super technical, but I can follow directions, haha). "Remove render blocking resources" is at 24% and I have tried to follow the directions in Hummingbird, but I have not be able to improve this element. Can you share more info with me as to what I need to do to get this number higher?

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Dana,

Hope you're doing well :slight_smile:

"Remove render blocking resources" is one of the trickiest things to get sorted out the best way and it's done from the minification panel.
    Thing is, like with other minification options, is that changing the options there heavily depends on your type of installation and what plugins and theme you have and how are they handling minification options.

Basically there's no easy way to sort this out by checking/unchecking certain option and you will instead need to adjust Defer option for your files inside the Minification panel.
    You will need to turn it on/off for your files but make sure that the site functionality is not affected when changing this.

Hope this makes sense and helps with improving the score, or let us know if you have any followup questions.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.