Remove RSVP

I would like to remove a few things.

RSVP, Created by, Bookmark the permalink, edit.

• natebald
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Ok, was able to filddle with code to remove RSVP and Created by, but still need help with the permallink and edit that appears under the map.

these should be options as I dont like changing the code, first time the client thinks they are doing something good and updates, all changes or toast.

• thoward

Are you using template pages to manage the output? If you do that then the entire output is configurable. I was able to do most of this for a client of mine and needed to be able to customize the output. The page template option was the way to go and I was able to update the archive page as well as the specific event pages.

You can change the template being used in the settings. Just create your template first and then upload to the theme directory so it will show up in the settings dropdown list.

Will that fix your issue?

• thoward

To get what you want, you will probably have to create a new page template for that purpose. My recommendation is to grab the default template provided in the plugin directory (plugins/events-and-bookings/default-templates/default/single-incsub_event.php for the single event pages)and then save it to your theme directory. rename as a new page template and update the output for your needs.

Let me know if you need specific help with the template page. It's easier than you might realize once you get in to it.

• thoward

1. save the default template (from the plugin directory) to your theme directory and rename it to something else.

2. Add this to the very top of the new template file (change details to match your site):
    <?php
    /**
    * Template Name: Your Single Event Template
    * The single event page for Your Site based on Events+ by WPMUdev.
    */
    ?>

3. Upload new file to theme directory on live site.

4. Go back to Events->Settings and check to override default template.
    5. Then in the single event dropdown, choose your new template file.
    6. Leave archive page as Plugin:default (unless you created a template file for that too).

You haven't actually changed anything at this point. So, everything should look the same.

Now you can edit the theme file accordingly and the changes should show up on the site.

Repeat the steps for Archive template if you want.

Let me know how that works for you.
    Tom

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings natebald and Tom,

Thank you both for you feedback, it is greatly appreciated.

@natebald It appears that you have resolved your custom designing issues.

You can now make plugin and feature requests here:
    http://wpmudev.uservoice.com/

The more popular a request is and the more votes it gets, the more likely it will be considered.

It might have already been suggested. It is worth a quick search to add your votes before submitting a new suggestion.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.