Remove SEO Info from Post Lists

Hi,

I notice that the SEO plugin adds columns to the post list. However, I'm wondering if there's any way NOT to have this...I'd like to keep the cleanness of the default list format.

Is this possible without major recoding? If so, how?

Thanks,

Mark

• DavidM

Hi Mark,

Looks like that one's a rather simple one, fortunately. You can make a quick edit in:
    wpmu-dev-seo/wds-files/wds-core/admin/wds-core-metabox.php

Simply comment out lines 16 to 19 as follows:

//add_filter('manage_page_posts_columns', array(&$this, 'wds_page_title_column_heading'), 10, 1);
    //add_filter('manage_post_posts_columns', array(&$this, 'wds_page_title_column_heading'), 10, 1);
    //add_action('manage_pages_custom_column', array(&$this, 'wds_page_title_column_content'), 10, 2);
    //add_action('manage_posts_custom_column', array(&$this, 'wds_page_title_column_content'), 10, 2);

You could also wrap those four lines up with is_supporter() to make it a Supporter feature. :slight_smile:

Before referring this to the developers, is there a particular use case (I'm not quite sure of your scenario) where you think this would be handy for others as well?

Cheers,
    David

• wpcdn

is there a particular use case (I'm not quite sure of your scenario) where you think this would be handy for others as well?

I just think a lot of novice users will be a bit overwhelmed by seeing that in the post list itself. So ideally there would be a toggle for this information, for example so the Super Admin can decide whether sub-site admins see it.

You could also wrap those four lines up with is_supporter() to make it a Supporter feature. :slight_smile:

Good idea, but we need the upcoming version of Supporter with multiple levels. Sorry, couldn't resist. :wink:

BTW, in another thread I had suggested being able to select which SEO modules' settings are available to sub-site admins. For example, I don't want my sub-site admins to be able to set up their own SEOmoz accounts. I think that will overwhelm some of them, and they still benefit from using the master account. However, to hide this feature I have to hide all the top-level settings from them. Therefore, sub-site admins cannot take advantage of automatic linking by setting their own linking terms.

So it would be very helpful if I could hide most of the settings, but leave the automatic linking module (or any other module of my choice) available to sub-site admins.

Is this possible?

Thanks,

Mark

• DavidM

You know, we just had that discussion regarding the settings tabs in MarketPress and it looks like role-based permissions may be on the roadmap for that now.

SEO's a bit different though in that there's no settings exposed to sub-sites on a network as they are for Super Admin. To clarify, that is what you're looking for, correct? A sub-site settings page like that available to Super Admin?

By the way, I really can't wait for the next Supporter release myself, either. Not that I would really use it in a commercial capacity, I honestly just like dreaming up and trying out different configurations just to see if it's possible and that next version of Supporter presents some huge possibilities! :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    David

• wpcdn

SEO's a bit different though in that there's no settings exposed to sub-sites on a network as they are for Super Admin. To clarify, that is what you're looking for, correct? A sub-site settings page like that available to Super Admin?

Yes and no. Right now there are two options:

1) The default option makes settings available only to Super Admin. This is fine in general, however it makes the automatic linking feature virtually useless to sub-sites because they can't specify their own keywords, URLs, etc. (unless I'm missing something).

2) There is a way to make all settings appear to sub-site admins, by commenting out a line of code in the plugin. The problem with this approach is that it's all-or-nothing. It makes all sub-site admins have to enter their own settings, including the need to obtain an SEOmoz account for each sub-site.

I'm looking for a hybrid solution that would still allow sub-sites to utilize the main site's SEOmoz account, but would allow sub-sites to have control over their automatic linking parameters. Ideally, this setup would allow us to specify which modules are global (for example, SEOmoz) and which can be controlled by sub-sites (for example, auto linking and possibly title optimization).

Thanks,

Mark

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.