Remove Shipping Form from MarketPress

Hello.

I'm using MarketPress for a gift registry of just cash. I will not be sending any actual product and do not need the shipping form.

I put in the Shipping tab in settings: No Shipping.

How can I remove it?

If I decided to keep it, how can I modify it without having to change the code of the plugin?

Thanks,
Giovanni

• unofficially
    • Flash Drive

Some payment gateways require an address, but as you are not using any (just cash) then I agree the plugin should not display the shipping address part of the checkout process. I don't think there is a way to stop it currently, even if shipping is set to zero.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Giovanni :slight_smile:

you have mentioned in fact that you set the shipping tab setting to no shipping you already preset it in the Dashboard --> Products -->Store Settings-->Shipping. It would be redundant to put it on every product since you already selected that option at that point.

By virtue of how what the product is when creating a new product --> the script knows not to show shipping if there is a download or external link --> or at least I have never seen it in our production setup.

and UnOfficially is right on the money that Some payment gateways require an address, but that will be worked out with the Gateway and still does not indicate shipping nor the need for a shipping form.

Joe :slight_smile:

• Giovanni
    • The Incredible Code Injector

i'm using paypal chain payments

but i do not need the shipping address as i will not be sending out any product. it's just cash.

i don't see an option on the product form to say: no shipping...

does it exists, if so, where? if not, what can be done for the shipping page not to show?

thanks,
    Giovanni

• unofficially
    • Flash Drive

Ideally if it's not currently possible then the dev could add it to the next update(?) alternately you could add something (like an image or text file, or similar) as a product download so it will process as a digital transaction instead of a product?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.