Remove Sidebar in Members-Admin-Section

I'm using Buddypress plus BP-Social.
And I would like to remove the "Right Sidebar" on the Pages in Section /members/admin
To have more Space for the Main-Column.
(please have a look at the screenshot)

What ist the most clever way to do this?

Many thanks in advance,
Rainer.

• Tammie
    • WordPress Wizard

@rainerkormann: To be honest it's not that simple a task but if you feel confident about code editing you can do it. If you do not then I would suggest you go the route of a job posting on our job board.

If I was going to do it myself the first port of call would be to 'mock up' so to speak by using firebug.

http://buddydress.com/2010/06/firebug-installing-discovering-and-using-the-tutorial/

You can literally set this handy bit of CSS:

display: none;

to an element or just remove it and voila... you can then see what else needs adjusting to fit in.

The problem will arise when you remove it you will have a gap which you want to I assume fill. That's all well and good making wider the middle bit but you may find other elements also need width changes - all could get a bit 'CSS jenga' if that makes sense :slight_smile:

All this said with a bit of work, firebug trials it can be done but it's a custom edit I would strongly suggest you go the route of child and parent themes with. Particularly as I do know Social is due and update very soon.

I'm going to also flag the person updating Social on this just in case they have anything to add.

• Tammie
    • WordPress Wizard

There is no real clever trick aside from doing it with CSS :slight_smile: ... a width change is pretty much a width change.

It shouldn't be too bad as I said if you know CSS. I've tagged Richie he may have a template / code snippet / something up his sleeves that could help but I do think the firebug route is great as also teaches you for future.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.