REmove site from multisite breaks site

Hey hey, connemaralettings.ie we are trying to remove it from multisite. We have followed your tutorial. There is nothing in htaccess, but when we remove the multisite rule in wp-config it breaks the site completely. Is there something we are missing here?

Bodhi

• Nastia

Hello Total WP Support , I hope you are doing well today!

Would you please let me know what tutorial you've followed?

There is s Snapshot Pro installed on the domain you mentioned, are you trying to migrate a subsite you wish to delete a subsite from your multisite installation?

If you wish to delete a subsite, just navigate from your network admin to Sites > All sites, hover over a subsite you wish to remove and click on Delete. Please see the attached screenshot:

There is nothing in htaccess, but when we remove the multisite rule in wp-config it breaks the site completely.

Would you please clarify, you trying to migrate a subsite from one installation to another? Or you wish to make the WordPress Network to a single WordPres installation?

Please advise,

Kind regards,
    Nastia

• Sajid

Hello Total WP Support,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

I can see that your site is working fine. Did you managed to resolve this issue ?

If no then please try to disable WordPress MultSites again by following that article. In case it break the site again and there is white screen of death then please enable debugging to find out what is the issue exactly.

To enable debugging, find the following line of code in wp-config.php file.
    define( 'WP_DEBUG', false );

With this code:

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
    define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );

Now refresh the page and this time you should see the error message. Copy that error and paste it here (exclude the username from path for security reasons).

Take care and have a nice day!

Best Regards,
    Sajid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.