Remove timeframe from indefinite subscriptions

When I set up an "indefinite" subscription, why does the "Period" section still apply? Per the plugin, "indefinite" is defined as: "User remains at this level forever".

If a user remains at that level forever, why does the input on "Period" matter (see membershipProb1 attached)?

I'm fine with the field being the in the backend for the plugin, but unfortunately, when people signup for a lifetime (indefinite) membership, their [accountform] shows an expiration date (see membershipProb2 attached)! This looks REALLY bad. How do I get this to NOT show up on [accountform]??

• Barry

Can you exclude "lesser" access levels from displaying on [accountform]?

How would you define or identify a "lesser" level?

When I set up an "indefinite" subscription, why does the "Period" section still apply? Per the plugin, "indefinite" is defined as: "User remains at this level forever".

This is already fixed in the upcoming membership upgrade, so as soon as we release that version it will be gone.

• 1oclock

As to the definition of a "lesser" level, I think that's pretty obvious: It's a level with less access (and more than likely cheaper) than the current level. As to how to identify the "lesser" level, that would be a question for you. For instance, WPMUDEV offers free, one-month, three-month and annual memberships. So if someone has an annual membership are you going to offer them an option to "upgrade" to a one-month membership?? No.

I'm asking if the plugin has some kind of functionality that allows it to determine a hierarchy of membership levels and then respond by only showing upgrade options that are an ACTUAL upgrade as opposed to offering to "upgrade" to every level regardless of whether it is an upgrade or not. I've tried using the "Membership Levels" section of "Subscription Plans" but this results in a member having multiple subscription plans/access levels assigned to them along with multiple upgrade buttons for a single level (not to mention the fact that the Membership Level Text widget shows multiple text blocks...one for each level).

Finally, an update to the membership plugin is not what I'm looking for unless you release it in the next 2-3 days. My membership is ending and I don't intend to continue which means I will be ineligible for the update. Therefore, I need it fixed in this release of the plugin. Since I DID pay for membership (which entitles me to support) and since WPMUDEV has admitted this is a known issue, I need to have it fixed (or a free update guaranteed...even if my membership ends).

• Barry

As to the definition of a "lesser" level, I think that's pretty obvious: It's a level with less access (and more than likely cheaper) than the current level. As to how to identify the "lesser" level, that would be a question for you.

The reason I asked was because I can't think of a way to programmatically identify subscriptions that are "lesser" to an existing subscription, which is why the plugin currently doesn't offer that option. There is a filter on the upgrade subscriptions shown, so if your subscriptions are fixed then an "if" statement can be hardcoded in for your set up, but I don't think a generic option is possible at the moment.

Therefore, I need it fixed in this release of the plugin. Since I DID pay for membership (which entitles me to support) and since WPMUDEV has admitted this is a known issue, I need to have it fixed (or a free update guaranteed...even if my membership ends).

How's your coding? I can explain and tell you what files you need to change and what you need to change them to.

• Barry

Edit membership/membershipincludes/renew.form.php scroll down to line 98 and remove line 98 and 99.

In their place put:

$currentlevel = $sub->get_level_at( $rel->level_id, $rel->order_instance );
    switch($currentlevel->sub_type) {
    case 'serial':
    case 'finite': echo __('Your membership is due to expire on : ', 'membership');
    		echo "<strong>" . date( "jS F Y", mysql2date("U", $rel->expirydate)) . "</strong>";
    		break;

case 'indefinite':	echo __('You are on an <strong>indefinite</strong> membership.', 'membership');																		break;
    }

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.