Remove TinyMCE from Q&A Plugin

How can i remove the editor that is added in textarea in answer and form in Q&A plugin?

Would like to use it as the default textarea without TinyMCE

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey svipic.

Would like to use it as the default textarea without TinyMCE

I’m a little confused?

The default editor which WordPress uses is TinyMCE (See Screenshot)

I presume you want to change the front end editor within our plugin though?

If so then you will want to look into the following function (for different arguments/settings), its new to WordPress 3.3:

http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/wp_editor

Hope this helps.

Tim.

• Imedo
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi Timothy

Sorry i was not clear about what i am asking

I mean to change front end editor in Q&A plugin, not in wordpress itself.

The Q&A plugin shows Tinymce editor in front end when someone is trying to submit question or submit the answer. All i want is to remove the tinymce from the FRONT END that is added in this plugin and show default textarea like old fashion way.

Hope i am more specific right now…

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey again. :slight_smile:

The Q&A plugin shows Tinymce editor in front end when someone is trying to submit question or submit the answer. All i want is to remove the tinymce from the FRONT END that is added in this plugin and show default textarea like old fashion way.

Ok, so you want to send your users to the back end, rather than let them use the front end?

If thats the case then currently it isn’t possible to change an admin setting for this. You can however make a feature suggestion on our site:

http://wpmudev.uservoice.com/

If its something that more users want then it would be seriously considered for implementation. :slight_smile:

Take care.

• Imedo
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

No,

I don’t want to send users to back end.

I want to not use the TINYMCE in textarea in front end.

This is not clear ?

The tinymce editor shows in textarea for example in question submit page. I don’t want that the TINYMCE EDITOR WILL SHOW anywhere in front end. JUST DEFAULT TEXTAREA WITHOUT TINYMCE EDITOR.

The plugin adds tinymce editor by default to textarea.

All i am asking is how to disable it.

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

The plugin adds tinymce editor by default to textarea.

All i am asking is how to disable it.

Ah right.

Well its the WP Editor function, so you disable the visual editor through your profile:

Admin –> Users –> Your Profile

It can’t be turned off site wide through the admin settings. Disabling the editor will enable the HTML only mode.

If you require a text only field not using the WP functions, you would have to look at doing something custom there. If thats not something you are able to do then you would need to consider hiring a developer.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu-jobs

Thanks.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.