Remove "Unsubscribe Link"

Is it possible to remove the “Unsubscribe Link.” I’m unable to find a way to delete it from the e-newsletter template.

• Nahid

Hey Matt Rink !
    Hope you are having a great day!

I'm sorry to say, unfortunately, there is no built-in way to remove the 'Unsubscribe' like from the email templates out of the box from the settings. To achieve that, you'll need to create a new email template in the enewsletter-custom-themes folder located in wp-content/uploads(+/siteID/ if activated on a single blog of a multi-site install).

Well, creating a template is not as hard as it seems, just copy the template you are using in your email newsletter from wp-content/plugins/e-newsletter/email-newsletter-files/templates, paste the template in the enewsletter-custom-themes folder in wp-content/uploads/siteID/, rename the folder into something else and edit the style.css file inside it. We'll just need to edit its theme name in the 2nd line so it doesn't replicate the original template name. Then you just need to edit the template.html file and remove the <td> with the class 'unsubscribe'.

For example, you are using the iLetter template and you want to remove the 'Unsubscribe' link from it. Go to wp-content/plugins/e-newsletter/email-newsletter-files/templates and copy the whole iletter folder, paste it in the enewsletter-custom-themes folder in wp-content/uploads/siteID/, rename the folder to something like iletter-child so it doesn't replicate the original and edit the style.css folder in it, edit the second like where it says theme name and change the theme name to something like "iLetter Child" so it doesn't replicate the original as well. Then all you have to do is edit the template.html file and remove the whole <td> tag with the class 'unsubscribe'.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need any further assistance regarding this. Thanks!

Best,
    Nahid.

• Matt Rink

Nahid,

The instructions you gave us seem a little confusing. We tried placing the custom template in the wp-content/uploads/enewsletter-custom-themes folder. We don't have a SiteID folder. This is a multisite instance. When we tried putting our custom theme folder in the wp-content/plugins/e-newsletter/email-newsletter-files/templates location we get:
    I just got this message: Cheatin’ uh?
    Sorry, you are not allowed to customize this site.[?8/?4/?2017 3:14 PM] DeLano, Sarah S:
    Can you save the folder in the newsletter-custom-themes folder under uploads/siteID?
    I just got this message: Cheatin’ uh?
    Sorry, you are not allowed to customize this site.[?8/?4/?2017 3:14 PM] DeLano, Sarah S:
    Can you save the folder in the newsletter-custom-themes folder under uploads/siteID?
    Cheatin’ uh?Sorry, you are not allowed to customize this site.

What are we missing or need to do to get the custom template to show up?

Thank you,
    Matt

• Nahid

Hey Matt Rink !
    Hope you are doing well today!

I'm sorry as I should've been a bit more clear about my instructions. siteID is actually the ID of your site in the multisite installation. I've prepared a screencast for you which you can follow to determine your site id.

If you still can't figure out what to do exactly, you can send us your FTP and login credentials through our secure contact form so that we could try for you - https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question

Send in:

Subject: "Attn: Nahid Mohit"
    -WordPress admin username
    -WordPress admin password
    -login url
    -FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    -link back to this thread for reference
    -any other relevant urls

I'll be looking forward to hearing from you. Thanks!

Best,
    Nahid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.