Remove WP Dashboard Widgets 1.0.2 upgrade to v1.0.6: Upgrade package not available

Remove dashboard widgets 1.0.6 does not satisfy update notifications v2.0.1 and it nags for update. Even though I have manually installed v1.0.6 update notifications still thinks v1.0.2 is installed.

When attempting to allow the autoupdate to occur anyway, an error is returned that the upgrade package is unavailable.

I waited a couple of days to report this in case something needed to settle in, but no change as of today.

When this series of events happened on another plugin Aaron discovered that the header version number in the plugin file had not been updated and was triggering these issues.

Thanks,
Phil Duncan

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hi there!

There have been lots of changes - as you may be aware - to the location of plugin files recently so that may be causing the mis-match.

Have you installed the new version of Update Notifications? This has moved so worth checking the install instructions again.

Likewise, the locations for all the rebrand plugins have changed so make sure your installation is inline with the new instructions.

Let us know if all that appears to be in order but you still get the incorrect version.

Cheers!
    Phil

• SooBahkDo
    • Syntax Hero

Hi Phil, Phil here :slight_smile:

Yes I did remove the old version and did install the newest updates notifications and activated it network wide.

I also did confirm that the location is correct for the new plugins (old version removed from mu-plugins and new version installed in in the plugins folder)

I also downloaded the dashboard widgets file again and reinstalled, but still reporting incorrect version.

Phil D

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hello SooBahkDo,

I just had the same trouble and as a temporary workaround, I just changed the version number in the plugin, knowing the plugin indeed is current. I'll post what I did here in case you're looking for a temporary fix until the issue is resolved (it should auto-resolve upon the next update as well).

From the Plugin screen, locating Remove WP Dashboard Widgets, you should see an Edit option. Click on it to open the plugin editor. You should see the following at the top of the plugin code.

<?php
    /*
    Plugin Name: Remove WP Dashboard Widgets
    Plugin URI: https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/rebranding-wordpress-mu
    Description: Removes the wp dashboard widgets
    Author: Andrew Billits, Ulrich Sossou
    Version: 1.0.2

Simply change the version number to read 1.0.6 as follows:

Version: 1.0.6

This does the trick of getting rid of the update message and as I hinted at, the next version update should overwrite this one so their shouldn't be an issue there in the future.

I hope that helps.

Cheers,
    David

• Ulrich
    • The Crimson Coder

The issue occurs because the plugins versions are different from the version of the pack. Please ignore this notice or apply the fix suggested by David while we are thinking about the best way to manage that.
    Thanks for your patience.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.