Remove WPMU

I have a site that I can't update WP because it will break stuff. But the notification:

Please install the latest version of our free Update Notifications plugin which helps you stay up-to-date with the most stable, secure versions of WPMU DEV themes and plugins. More information »

Is really freaking out the client. I tried installing the plugin but it will not work, probably b/c the version of wp is older. Where does that error message come from and how to remove?

Ryan

• Timothy Bowers

Hi.

This message emanates from each plugin itself. In the case of the Auto Blog plugin you will find it in:

/autoblog/autoblogincludes/includes/functions.php

/* -------------------- Update Notifications Notice -------------------- */
    if ( !function_exists( 'wdp_un_check' ) ) {
      add_action( 'admin_notices', 'wdp_un_check', 5 );
      add_action( 'network_admin_notices', 'wdp_un_check', 5 );
      function wdp_un_check() {
        if ( !class_exists( 'WPMUDEV_Update_Notifications' ) && current_user_can( 'edit_users' ) )
          echo '<div class="error fade"><p>' . __('Please install the latest version of <a href="https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/update-notifications/" title="Download Now &raquo;">our free Update Notifications plugin</a> which helps you stay up-to-date with the most stable, secure versions of WPMU DEV themes and plugins. <a href="https://premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu-dev/update-notifications-plugin-information/">More information &raquo;</a>', 'wpmudev') . '</a></p></div>';
      }
    }
    /* --------------------------------------------------------------------- */

You will want to remove that code to prevent the message popping up.

I know you are aware of the whole security thing, but some WP updates do fix security issues. If you have older themes or plugins using Timthumb then that also contains security issues (depending on version) I mention Timthumb as it is quite commonly used.

Of course its your client but thought I would just mention. :slight_smile:

Take care.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.