remove wpmudev notices from new fixer 1.1 and upfront 1.1

Hi,
Please can you advise how I can stop the wpmudev notices appearing from the new Fixer Theme? Are there files to be edited in Upfront and Fixer or just Fixer?

• Bojan Radonic

Hey Adam,

How are you doing today?

Can you please provide more information on which specific notices are you referring to so I can try to help you removing those :slight_smile:

Also you can grant us temporary admin access via our Dashboard plugin and point out to those notices so I can take a look. You'll find more information on how to do that by following this link: https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Looking forward for your response :slight_smile:

cheers,
    Bojan

• Adam

Hi Bojan,

Thanks for your reply. I thought I had resolved this, but it turns out not. There are all kinds of notices that pop-up which is annoying for me as a supplier. For example, there is a notice to snapshot backup when using Upfront, there are all kinds of notices that pop-up - install wpmudev access panel notice, and plugin and theme update notices.
    Is there a way to block out all links and notices from wpmudev? Someone suggested a plugin could do this but it would be much easier if there was a simple way by just editing the code.

• Bojan Radonic

Hey Adam,

The notifications should be visible only for the admin who has access to the Dashboard plugin which should be only yourself unless anyone else is being added in WPMU DEV —> Manage —> Permissions.

With that being said all the notifications individually dismissable, this means once you dismiss them they wont really bother you anymore. The Snapshot one specifically was introduced because we had a major update for Upfront so we were just making sure you do the backup before proceeding just in case something goes wrong.

I also wouldn't really suggest editing the code since first time you do the update all these changes will be lost and you'd end up seeing these again. Dismissing the notices individually once they show up is by far the easiest solution.

Best regards,
    Bojan

• Bojan Radonic

Hey Adam,

Waiting for the next notification isn't practical as clients will be accessing

These notifications are not visible to clients, they will be displayed to only admin that has access to WPMU DEV Dashboard.

Why can't WPMUDEV make it simple to remove/add code to stop the update notifications from WPMUDEV

Because while we do understand that your clients must not see these notifications, we do want to have a method that lets us surface relevant information in a direct manner. We don't want to cut ourselves off from our members, or vice versa.

I also do appreciate your feedback for this and I'll make sure to pass this to our marketing team.

Cheers,
    Bojan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.