Remove/Change Help Dropdown Link

Hi,

I wanted to remove or change links for "Documentation on xxx" and "Support Forums" which is seen under help dropdown menu.

I don't want to remove or change all other help articles. Just these two alone. It would be great if you help me to point the link of "support forums"

I had attached a screenshot to be clear about what we are talking here.

Help out please.

• aristath

Hello there @CatMan, I hope you're well today!

If you want to change the text that's displayed there you can use the WordPress translation system. Here's how you can do that:

• Step 1: go to your wp-config.php file. You'll see there a line like this:
      define('WPLANG', '');
      Change that line to this:
      define('WPLANG', 'en_US');
      (That's of course provided that you only want to change a few phrases and not completely translate WordPress to another language).
    • Step 2: Install the Codestyling Localization plugin.
    • Step 3: Go from your dashboard to Tools->Localization.
    • Step 4: Pick your plugin. Press on the "Scan Now" button and then add the en_US language.
    • Step 5: Edit the language. You can now search for any text string you want and change it to whatever you need.
    • Step 6: Once you're finished changing text strings, press the "generate .mo" button on the top.
    • Step 7: Install the CodeStyling Localization Preserver plugin. This will prevent your changes from being lost each time you update a plugin or theme.

If you want to completely hide the help menu, then you can read on how to do that here: http://www.wpbeginner.com/plugins/how-to-hide-unnecessary-items-from-wordpress-admin-with-adminimize/

I hope that helps!

Cheers,
    Ari.

• Ash

Hello @CatMan

Those links can't be changed using any filter. Rather you can change all links with your own customized links.

Please use the following code:

add_action( 'admin_head', 'change_help_link' );
    function change_help_link(){
    	?>
    	<script type="text/javascript">
    	jQuery(function($) {
    		var html = '<p><strong>For more information:</strong></p>';
    		html += '<p><a href="http://codex.wordpress.org/Posts_Screen" target="_blank">Documentation on Managing Posts</a></p>';
    		html += '<p><a href="https://wordpress.org/support/" target="_blank">Support Forums</a></p>';
    		$('.contextual-help-sidebar').html(html);
    	});
    	</script>
    	<?php
    }

Add or change as many as you want like the above example does using html += '.........';

You can add those codes in your functions.php in the theme, if you think your theme won’t be changed. Otherwise mu-plugins is the best solution. To use mu-plugins, go to /wp-content/ and find the folder with name 'mu-plugins'. If there is no folder in that name, then create a folder, name it 'mu-plugins', create a file inside that, give any name you like and paste the code in there. You don't need to activate that plugin. Mu-plugins means must use plugins, so it will be activated automatically always. If you use mu-plugins then add a php start tag at the beginning of the code.

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.