Removing Account Info on Landing Page of a Member

Hey there,

I am making a membership site so I can protect the content on certain pages. So far it has proved pretty useful.

The client does not take online payments, so billing/invoices are not important. However, when a member first logs in, they are taken to an "Account" page that shows their billing info (which does not apply because they pay him in person annually.) Can we take them instead to a different page, such as a "Members' Home" page that is not the home page of the site?

Hope I make sense here! Thanks in advance.
- Meredith

• Patrick

Hi there @Meredith

I hope you're well today!

However, when a member first logs in, they are taken to an "Account" page that shows their billing info

You can change the page new members are redirected to at any time under Protect Content > Settings > General > Protected Content Site Pages. The one you want to change is the Registration Complete page. You can make that page anything you like, with any content you like on it.

Unfortunately though, the ms-membership-account shortcode displays the invoice section by default, and it<s a bit tricky to simply hide that with CSS as there are no specific container IDs in there that can be targeted.

So if you do not want to display any invoice data, I wouldn't recommend using that shortcode on any pages in your use-case.

I think it would be handy though to have optional parameters in that shortcode to choose to show or hide any of the 4 sections generated. So I've put in a feature request for that. Thanks for the suggestion. :slight_smile:

• Meredith

Hi @Patrick,

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly!

I am not using any shortcode, and do not need any of their account info to show at all. I am trying to use the Protected Content Settings panel to control what page a user will land on when he first logs in. Right now, I have it so they land on a Members' Home Page, but somehow the account info wants to pup up at the bottom of that page and mess up the paragraphs above it... is there a way to get it off??

Thank you! =)

• Bojan Radonic

Hey there @Meredith,

As Patrick already mentioned you can create a page where users will be redirected after the registration is complete. When done simply select that page in Protect Content >> Settings >> General >> Protected Content Site Pages, see screenshot.

Additionally could you please grant us temporary admin access so we can see this in action? You can find more info on how to do that by following this link:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Best regards,
    Bojan

• Bojan Radonic

Hey there @Meredith,

Thank you for the clarification. This can be handled by one of the protected content add ons. Please go to Protected Content >> Add-ons in your admin panel and activate Redirect Control add-on, see screenshot.

Once you got that activated additional tab will appear in Protected content >> Settings >> Redirect where you can set pages that users will be redirected to when logged in or logged out, see screenshot 2.

Note that this add on only only affects Protected Content login/logout forms, not the default wp-login.php form and it will only work for users logging in using either the sidebar widget or by visiting account page as a guest.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Bojan

• Meredith

I have enabled support access to the site. I am able to have a member be redirected to a specific page, but their account info is still being pushed into that page at the bottom from who knows where. Not only that, but no my protected content is not getting unlocked when I log in as a member. My menu should reveal additional items and it isn't doing that for anyone else except me, admin. Heeeeelp please! =(

• Bojan Radonic

Hey there @Meredith,

If the redirect is working fine and all you want to do is remove account information from the bottom of that page, see screenshot, you can remove it with some custom CSS.

I've added the CSS to Appearance >> Theme Options >> Custom CSS to remove this from that specific page. This is the code I added:

.page-id-663 .post-content .ms-account-wrapper {
    display: none;
    }

If this is not what you want please remove the code. As for the other issue could you please add more information so we can test this out?

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Bojan

• Meredith

The code did remove the Account info; thank you. I notice that the line spacing is not working; all paragraphs are being jammed as &nbsp ; tag is not working... any ideas?

As far as the membership menu goes - when I am logged in as a member, the menu items that are supposedly protected are not appearing in the menu to me. However, when I am logged in as admin (webmaster) I am able to see them appear on the menu. Can you please tell me why this is and how to fix it?

Additionally, I have one more need. When logged in as a member, I want to hide the "Login" menu item from the menu. As they are already logged in it is pointless to have it there.

Much thanks for your time and help!
    - Meredith

• Jude

Hi there @Meredith

As far as the membership menu goes - when I am logged in as a member, the menu items that are supposedly protected are not appearing in the menu to me. However, when I am logged in as admin (webmaster) I am able to see them appear on the menu. Can you please tell me why this is and how to fix it?

This looks like you have not configured the plugin correctly. Can you quickly check the settings, specifically the bit where you configure access rules ?

Additionally, I have one more need. When logged in as a member, I want to hide the "Login" menu item from the menu. As they are already logged in it is pointless to have it there.

You can set an access rule if its a menu to hide to everybody except visitor. The membership admins will however still see it

Cheers
    Jude

• Bojan Radonic

Hey again @Meredith,

To achieve having login link for visitors and log out for logged in users you can either use Protected Content Login widget which can be placed in one of the available widget areas or if you don't want that you can try adding adding a filter as explained in one of our blog posts here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/how-to-add-a-loginlogout-link-to-your-wordpress-menu/

Please let me know if this helps :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Bojan

• Bojan Radonic

Hey there @Meredith,

That should be possible with using "Guest membership" and normal menu protection instead of advanced one.

So first please go to Protected Content >> Memberships >> Create New Membership and create guest membership, see screenshot. This membership level will be applied to all visitors (not logged in).

After that go to Protected Content >> Add ons and click on details in Advanced Menu Protection. Once there select Protect single menu items, see screenshot 2.

Once you have that go to Protected Content >> Protected Content >> Menu Items and select which menu items will be available for which membership level, see screenshot 3. This way you can control which items in the menu will be available for different levels including the visitor level.

Hope this makes sense :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Bojan

• Philipp Stracker

Hi Meredith,

just came across this thread again as you wanted some more flexible account page.
    And well, here it is :slight_smile: If you did not do yet then grab version 1.1.1.4 of Protected Content (it includes a ton of bugfixes!)

The [ms-membership-account] shortcode that displays your members account page has greatly improved, allowing you to hide certain sections or limit the number of invoices to display, etc.
    Also there are a lot of new CSS classes added to the HTML code, so you can style the account page just the way you want it to look.

A list of all shortcode attributes is available in your WordPress Admin > Protect Content > Help > Shortcodes section.

Thanks for your input and let us know if there is anything we can help with. Philipp :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.