Removing centre column in regions

Hi there,

I am stuck trying to get rid of the centre column I have by default in every new region I create. I want to be able to have images and text boxes overlap that default centre column all the way to the outer edge. How do I do this?

Thanks a ton!

btw. for some reason giving you access to my site doesn't work.

• Luís

Hi @Florian,

I hope had been good today!

From what I saw in the image sent, this is the default behaviour, when you create a new region Upfront displays a container where you insert elements inside of it.

You can add new regions above, below, in the sides (represented by the plus signs).

I think this article may interest you:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/upfront-regions/

However, I can give a look to your website, to see if anything is not working properly.

Try enable the staff login again:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

If you are unable, please send me your credentials privately through our contact form:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Select "I have a different question" for your topic - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me.

Send in:

Subject: "Attn: Luis Lopes"
    - WordPress admin username
    - WordPress admin password
    - Login url
    - Link back to this thread for reference

Cheers, Luís

• Florian

Hi Luis,

my question was and still is: How do I overcome the limitation of having to adhere to the centre column so I can place draggable items like images, textboxes, widgets etc overlapping this boundary? Is there a way to either extend the width of the default centre column aka region or can I create a new one without the centre column? Just adding a region to the left or right doesn't help because they do not extend all the way to the edge of the screen and I still cannot place a draggable item overlapping these boundaries,

I hope this clarifies my problem for you.

I have granted you access to my site now.

Thank you!

Florian

• Luís

Hi @Florian,

I hope had been good today!

Firstly, sorry for my late reply and all the problems it may have caused.

If I understood well your question, you can increase the global width of the contained region in the left panel (Theme Settings -> Edit Global Background). But this option is global, it will increase all the global width.

But you can't remove the center region, you can add regions in the left or right side.

When you add a new region, you can define if it will have 100% width or will be a contained region (see the image attached), but all the draggable elements will be placed inside the container. You can only use the 100% width for background (image, slider, solid color).

Can you give us a concrete example of what you are trying to do, in order to help you better?

Cheers, Luís

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.