Removing & Editing Index & Post Meta

Hi,

I want to remove the index meta that says Posted on and just leave date and remove category, I also want to change word Tagged to Tags. I have looked through templates and changes I make don't appear or it point me to:

<?php framemarket_postedon(); ?>

Or the post-info class in content.php but when I make changes nothing changes on the site. Where do I look to make those changes?

Thanks!

Dana

• DavidM

Hi Dana,

You'd have to go that framemarket_postedon() function in this case, which is in:
    /framemarket/library/functions/themes.php

On line 109 of /framemarket/library/functions/themes.php you'll see this:
    printf( __( '<span class="%1$s">Posted on</span> %2$s by %3$s', TEMPLATE_DOMAIN),

Replace that with this:
    printf( __( '<span class="%1$s"></span> %2$s by %3$s', TEMPLATE_DOMAIN),

And line 128 reads:
    $posted_in = __( 'This entry was posted in %1$s and tagged %2$s. Bookmark the <a href="%3$s" title="Permalink to %4$s" rel="bookmark">permalink</a>.', TEMPLATE_DOMAIN);

Replace that with this:
    $posted_in = __( 'Bookmark the <a href="%3$s" title="Permalink to %4$s" rel="bookmark">permalink</a>.', TEMPLATE_DOMAIN);

Also, line 130 reads:
    $posted_in = __( 'This entry was posted in %1$s. Bookmark the <a href="%3$s" title="Permalink to %4$s" rel="bookmark">permalink</a>.', TEMPLATE_DOMAIN);

Replace that with this:
    $posted_in = __( 'Bookmark the <a href="%3$s" title="Permalink to %4$s" rel="bookmark">permalink</a>.', TEMPLATE_DOMAIN);

And that should take care of all of that for you. Let us know how that goes!

-David

• DavidM

Whoops, I missed the tags question! You'll find that string in content.php, fortunately right in the main folder.

It's on line 112 as follows:
    <?php printf( __( '<span class="%1$s">Tagged</span> %2$s', TEMPLATE_DOMAIN), 'post-info-prep post-info-prep-tag-links', $tags_list ); ?>

And as for including those prior edits in a child theme, the only way I can really think to accomplish that is to create custom functions, copying those two previous functions framemarket_postedin() and framemarket_postedon() into two new functions that you then provide through the child theme functions.php file. You'd have to rename your new functions and then reference those function names in the other template files.

It's a bit of a complex procedure, possibly something you might want to seek out a developer's assistance on.

-David

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.