Removing the date of sticky posts on the Blog but not of the individual post via CSS

Hey folks,

Removing the date of sticky posts on the Blog but not of the individual post via CSS (if needed another method).

It is here: http://bit.ly/1U2EQyR

And

See attached for annotated screenshots.

Let me know . . .

:slight_smile:

• Milan

Hello @greg2,

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking us. :slight_smile:

Dear member to modify this a bit more I'll need some classes applied to sticky posts article container, but I can see that your theme is not applying theme. So if you have made your post sticky from wordpress admin panel ( see attached screenshot ) then I need to tweak your theme post listing template a bit to make it compatible with wordpress theme standards. I just want to add some function which will echo out classes for sticky post on blog listing page. So Would you be able to send in your FTP and wp-admin credentials so I could take a look?

You can send the info through our private contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Select "I have a different question" for your topic - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me

Send in:

Subject: "Attn: Milan Savaliya"
    -WordPress admin username
    -WordPress admin password
    -login url
    -FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    -link back to this thread for reference
    -any other relevant urls

Once we have this information then I can find appropriate solution for your issue.

Look forward to hearing back!

Cheers,
    Milan

• Milan

Hello @greg2,

Thanks for sending me required credentials. :slight_smile:

I've took a deep look at your theme Jupiter and fixed its one loop-hall of not including post classes for thumbnail styled posts which it renders via executing "mk_blog" shortcode.

I've applied this bit of change in wp-content/themes/jupiter/components/shortcodes/mk_blog/loop-styles/thumbnail.php file to make it compatible with wordpress theme standards.

$isSticky = is_sticky( get_the_ID() );
        $stickyClass = 'wpmu-sticky';
        if( !$isSticky )
            $stickyClass = '';
        $classes = get_post_class( $stickyClass, get_the_ID() );

$output = '<article id="' . get_the_ID() . '" class="'. implode(' ', $classes ) . ' mk-blog-thumbnail-item '.$post_type.'-post-type mk-isotop-item ' . $post_type . '-post-type'.$align_class.' clear">' . "\n";

Above code helped me to include different posts classes for posts. I targeted sticky post with "wpmu-stick" class selector and hide its "posted" information with this bit of css.

.wpmu-sticky.mk-blog-thumbnail-item .mk-blog-meta-wrapper .blog-meta-item:after{
    	content: none !important;
    }

.wpmu-sticky .mk-blog-meta-wrapper time{
    	display: none !important;
    }

I've already added above css code to custom css editor provided by your theme. :slight_smile:

Please don't forget to take backup of your theme before updating it as change made in core files of theme won't be preserved during updating theme.

I hope this helps you. :slight_smile:

Please let me know if there is anything else in which I can help you with. :slight_smile:

Enjoy WPMU DEV. :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Milan

• Greg

@milansavaliyaz

Great. Looks good.

If we put the thumbnail.php in the child theme would that fix it to where new updates to the parent theme will not effect it?

Oh...lastly, since you already have access etc could you take a look at the tags found here http://bit.ly/1U2EQyR (on the right column). When clicking on a tag, all the posts come up. For example, http://bit.ly/1Yw3wze (only is tagged 2 times). So, basically, the tag cloud seems to not be working.

:slight_smile:

• Milan

Hello @greg2,

I hope you are having a good day and sorry for being late on this.

If we put the thumbnail.php in the child theme would that fix it to where new updates to the parent theme will not effect it?

If your theme allows overriding of this template by child theme then it will work well and you don't need to worry about update related stuff but if you theme is not allowing such templates to be overridden in child theme then you won't be able to make this happen with child theme. Best person to ask about this is your theme developer. :slight_smile:

Tag Widget is not working

Yes I can see that it is not displaying its respective posts on tag's archive page but rather it is displaying all the posts. Have you conducted theme conflict test here ?

If not then I strongly suggest you conduct one which will help us to narrow down issue context if its theme related or not. To conduct theme conflict test please activate wordpress's default twentyfiftee or some other standard theme and try to replicate this issue.

Can you ?

Kind Regards,
    Milan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.