Removing the signup box so there is no forum

I know this is meant to be a BuddyPress Theme and I love the theme but I don't want to run a buddypress community on the blog I set up. Is there any way I can use the theme and remove the sign up form that appears on the right?

• DavidM

Hi littlefishmedia,

Sounds reasonable enough! You'll have to make a slight edit the theme in order to accomplish that and the best way to begin is by using a child theme. Here's a great resource on that.
    http://buddydress.com/2010/05/parent-and-child-themes-explored/

Fortunately, our awesome theme developers have gone ahead and included a full functional child theme in the folder /themes/bp-fun-child/. You can copy that over to your /wp-content/themes/ folder to install it, then make any necessary edits from there.

That said, the edit you'd want to make starts on line 18 of sidebar-home.php as follows:

<h2 class="widgettitle"><?php if (!is_user_logged_in()) { ?> <?php _e('Member login', TEMPLATE_DOMAIN); ?><?php } else { ?><?php _e('Member Profile', TEMPLATE_DOMAIN); ?><?php } ?></h2>

<?php if($bp_existed == 'true') { ?>
    <?php locate_template ( array('lib/templates/bp-template/bp-login-panel.php'), true ); ?>
    <?php } else { ?>
    <?php locate_template ( array('lib/templates/wp-template/login-panel.php'), true ); ?>
    <?php } ?>

You can simply copy that file over to your child theme folder and delete all that code for the sidebar login and then activate that child theme!

Hope that helps!

-David

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.