Removing the signup box so there is no forum

I know this is meant to be a BuddyPress Theme and I love the theme but I don't want to run a buddypress community on the blog I set up. Is there any way I can use the theme and remove the sign up form that appears on the right?

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi littlefishmedia,

Sounds reasonable enough! You'll have to make a slight edit the theme in order to accomplish that and the best way to begin is by using a child theme. Here's a great resource on that.
    http://buddydress.com/2010/05/parent-and-child-themes-explored/

Fortunately, our awesome theme developers have gone ahead and included a full functional child theme in the folder /themes/bp-fun-child/. You can copy that over to your /wp-content/themes/ folder to install it, then make any necessary edits from there.

That said, the edit you'd want to make starts on line 18 of sidebar-home.php as follows:

<h2 class="widgettitle"><?php if (!is_user_logged_in()) { ?> <?php _e('Member login', TEMPLATE_DOMAIN); ?><?php } else { ?><?php _e('Member Profile', TEMPLATE_DOMAIN); ?><?php } ?></h2>

<?php if($bp_existed == 'true') { ?>
    <?php locate_template ( array('lib/templates/bp-template/bp-login-panel.php'), true ); ?>
    <?php } else { ?>
    <?php locate_template ( array('lib/templates/wp-template/login-panel.php'), true ); ?>
    <?php } ?>

You can simply copy that file over to your child theme folder and delete all that code for the sidebar login and then activate that child theme!

Hope that helps!

-David

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya

As we haven't heard anything for awhile on this one I'm marking it as resolved. Should ya have the need for further instruction, please 'reopen' this thread and we'll continue to take a look.

You can always alternatively open up a new thread.

Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.