Removing widgets from one page

Hello All,

I am testing the BuddyPress Social 1.3.4

Under BuddyPress Social Theme Options I have Global Privacy Setting enabled. However there are BuddyPress Member widgets that are still displayed when a guest is not logged in. How can I stop these from being displayed?

TYIA,

~eric

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

Hey Eric!

Thanks for using WPMUdev forums!

I don’t know if you have checked out the widget logic plugin?

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/widget-logic/

It may be a bit much for what you are looking to do.

If you are code savvy you can wrap the sidebar in a is_user_logged_in function

http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/is_user_logged_in

You can use <?php if ( is_user_logged_in() ) { ... } ?> the portion you are trying to protect goes in between the{and}

OR you can use a full width template on that page so that the sidebar is gone completely.

Maybe one of those three will help?

If not, let me know and we will see what else we can do to fix you up :slight_smile:

Best,

Kimberly

If the above action did not result in the resolution or common end to this ticket then please feel free to come back here for comment. Just be sure you mark “Not Resolved” to re-open or we might miss it! :slight_smile: Thanks!

• ericslangley
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi Kimberly!

The second option makes the most sense in my case since it is just one page.

The page is Register. I set the Page Attributes/Template to “Full Width”.

However the widgets still show up.

I also changed the Template for the Blog page to 2 Column but there are still three columns.

Thx,

~eric

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

Eric,

I’m taking a look in the Theme now..

The blog page and Homepage have two different settings, Do you have your homepage set as your blogs page?

Also, I’m looking around, if you are using a single page the full width should work. What do you have on the register page? Is it a Buddypress registration?

I’m just curious to see if I can reproduce

Best,

Kimberly

• ericslangley
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Settings/Reading is set to A static page, in this case Activity and the Posts page is Blog.

The page in question is Register. When I set the template to Full Width it does not display full width. It still shows a sidebar on the right.

~eric

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.