Removing WordPress Word From Web Browser Tab!

Is there a plugin or a way to remove "WordPress" word from Web browser tab?

When I'm in my WPMU Dashboard I see the below image that includes word "WordPress"! how to substitute it with my network name?

Thank you

• James Dunn
    • The Crimson Coder

Hey Firas.

If you get this figured out, please be sure to post the solution that you find back here because now that you’ve brought it to my attention, I’m interested in how to remove this as well.

From my research, I figured out that this comes from the <title> </title> section in the head and the information in that <title> section is pulled from the <meta> that is put in. However, the solutions presented in the two threads that GinaB referenced didn’t work for me because the code snippet referened by Corey wasn’t in my functions.php file and I couldn’t really figure out where it should be inserted if that’s what is needed.

I’m going to ask the question over on the StudioPress forum because all of my websites are built using the Genesis framework, so they may be able to lend a little more insight into my specific situation. If I come up with a solution, I’ll post it back here as well.

James Dunn

Athens, GA USA

• uc
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi guys

You can use White Label CMS if you want to use a plugin

White Label CMS Settings ->Branding ->scroll down to Admin Page Title -> under Custom Page Titles, Enter whatever you like

Hope this helps

Uc

• minglemooch
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hello Hello

Looks like one off those wordpress toffies, hard and sweet, hehhe

But anywho, to answer your question “Removing WordPress Word From Web Browser Tab! ” is really easy actually, here’s how.

1.)Go to the root of your site or where ever your wordpress installation is placed.

2.)Then go to wp-admin folder

3.) Scroll untill you see the file ‘admin-header.php’ and click to edit it.

4.)Then you look for these lines>

line 32: $admin_title = sprintf( __( ‘%1$s — WordPress’ ), $title );

line 34: $admin_title = sprintf( __( ‘%1$s ‹ %2$s — WordPress’ ), $title, $admin_title );

Then you change ‘WorPress’ into what ever you want in there.

Thank you :wink:

• firas80
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Salam Gina thank you for the useful details.

minglemooch you’re the man it works +1 for you man..thank you

@jamesdunn do what minglemooch said it will work for you ..

@uc I’ve been trying to reach out people of White Label CMS for 3 weeks and till now no reply, I want to know does this plugin work well on WPMU or it should be manually installed on each Mu site? if you are using the plugin on WPMU please let me know your feedback..

Have a wonderful day :slight_smile:

• James Dunn
    • The Crimson Coder

Thanks @minglemooch @@firas80. I had seen an article on editing that file, but I had not been able to locate it on my installation – I’ll go back to see if I can find it under wp-admin folder. The article I was reading didn’t reference it there and since I use Genesis, I just figured they had abandoned it and were doing something different.

Re: WhitelabelCMS – I gave up on it quite some time back – and that was before I was using MultiSite. I reached out to them with some questions, got no answers, and the answers were key to me using it like I wanted to. I finally found other ways around “white labeling” my sites admin sections. If you get any feedback from the developers, please let us know as I am probably not the only one that would like to use that plugin.

Thanks again to both of you.

JDD

• uc
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi firas80

Yes I am using it on WPMU site but not network activated You have to do that on individual site. This works for me since I don’t want all the sites on the network to have the same Page Title. If you want all the sites on the network to have the same Title then minglemooch’s suggestion is good for that

UC

• 3SixtyEvolve
    • New Recruit

Thank you for all the great inputs from everyone! I appreciate it when I see the community members helping each other.

And Minglemooch, thank you for a great solution. I will bookmark that one for sure!

Have a great weekend everyone :slight_smile:

Gina

• 3SixtyEvolve
    • New Recruit

Happy Birthday Minglemooch!

Some blue balloons coming your way – just to celebrate being helpful and being you!

Share a link to your website once it’s done. We love to see how our members incorporate WMPU DEV into their sites. And by the looks of your gravatar I think your site will be awesome :slight_smile:

Have a good weekend.

Gina

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.