Rename Mu Support System

hi there

I’m wanting to rename the support system and want to know what I can change without breaking the plugin.

I’ve named it in the Support System Settings.

I’m also wanting to change it so when the user is in the support system page the page title isn’t MU Support System and the url isn’t wp-admin/admin.php?page=incsub_support

My members get confused with WordPress – seeing incsub_support & MU Support System is gonna make their heads implode!

• S H Mohanjith
    • Developer

Easiest way to rebrand would be to use the language files to “localize” the phrases to match your branding.

Set WPLANG in wp-config.php to en_US. Then open up poedit, go to ‘New catalog from POT file…’ and then select ‘incsub-support/languages/incsub-support.pot’. Then change any phrases you wish. Then save it as incsub-support-en_US.po and copy incsub-support-en_US.po and incsub-support-en_US.mo to incsub-support/languages/ .

Thanks.

• colinopseth
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Stef,

The .pot file located in the languages folder is hard-coded so you can change it without problems. Just make a backup and if you screw up, reupload the backup copy.

The best thing to do would be to do a search using your text editor of choice (Wordpad, TextEdit, TextWrangler) for the title you’d like to change. When you make changes, don’t delete any commas or apostrophes. :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.